cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BETHG
Canine II

SCANNING INTO PATIENT CHARTS-WHAT SCANNER WORKS BEST?

Our office is using Fujitsu scanners to scan into patients charts. All of our work stations that have scanners attached have issues when scanning. Multiple times a day the scanner gives a memory error and freezes SoftDent to the point we have to ctrl+alt+delete and close SoftDent down and re-start it to scan again. We have called both the scanner manufacturer (who claims its a software issue with SoftDent) and SoftDent who has had us get upgraded scanners and add memory to are computers. None of the fixes have worked so far and I was wondering does anyone else have an issue? does anyone recommend a fix or even another brand of scanner that works better with SoftDent. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
celinagf
Canine II

Re: SCANNING INTO PATIENT CHARTS-WHAT SCANNER WORKS BEST?

On my computer I have the Brother Image center ADS 2000, I had it tell me 1 time the memory was full and all I did is turn it off disconnect for a minute and plug it back in. It has continually been working.

0 Kudos
thsc
Canine II

We have tried two different brands of scanners and have run into the same issue. We have Canon DR-C225 and Epson DS-510.
0 Kudos
ninaclaydental
Canine III

We have the HP Scanjet Professional 3000 and it happens to us about 3x times daily. We tried the Brother scanners as well (we rented one from our IT company) and it was even worse. If you lower the DPI it will let you scan more but the image quality is greatly reduced. This is most definitely a softdent issue, one I was really hoping would have been fixed.  

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello everyone, thanks for your posts

I'll see if we can recreate this here so we can take a look.
I'll keep you posted on any progress.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
uniondental
Canine III

Thanks this has been an ongoing issue for a very long time. We even created a delete. bat file to clear temp docs but it still does not help the situation. A fix would be appreciated.
0 Kudos