cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalinadds
Canine II

Saving Treatment Plans

Is there a way to save a treatment plan for a patient into documents without printing the treatment plan and scanning it in. 

Thanks!

Chelsi

7 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: Saving Treatment Plans

Good question.....I am interested in getting this answer!!

0 Kudos
dmccrory
Premolar II

Hello,

If you have a PDF creator program installed, you can save the Treatment

Plan in PDF format . Next you will have to import it to the Patient's

document tree within Softdent. This will just save you the trouble to

printing and scanning. I've listed some steps below.

1. Treatment Planning tab, while in the Chart module

2. Click on the "Print" icon

3. Okay the Patient Treatment Plan Report options

4. Select Print as an Output Option

5. Select and Okay the Treatment Plan Additional Setup

6. Hopefully the print selection window will appear.

7. Use the drop down and select your PDF writer

8. Save the document to the desktop

9. Within Softdent goto the patient's documents tree and import the saved

PDF

David McCrory| Technical Support Analyst

www.carestreamdental.com

Find us at Twitter | Facebook

http://www.carestreamdental.com/us/en/forms/dental-events

chriscornett
Premolar II

Chelsi and pksaari79‌, you can always print to a PDF file which will allow you to save the document as a PDF and then import the file into the patient's document tree. If you don't have a method of printing to PDF then you can download CutePDF, which is a free small program and easy to use. When you go to the website you'll see the below item in the top left. The download is quick and setup is easy. Decline all the offers that appear when setting up. After setup is complete, it will add CutePDF as a printer option. When printing Treatment Plans, choose CutePDF as the printer and then you'll be able to save it to the location of your choice. I suggest creating a Folder on the desktop for placing them. You'll then be able to import the PDF file into the patient's document tree as you would any other PDF.

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

Thanks David, your step by step is much easier to follow than my input I believe.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

This is all well and good and I understand what you are saying as far as a PDF creator, but we have our patients sign the treatment plan. And that is why we then have to scan them. If the Topaz would work and capture it in the system, that would be wonderful.

chriscornett
Premolar II

While it is not currently available within SoftDent software. Adobe Acrobat does offer plug-ins that appear to integrate with Topaz to allow for digital signatures to PDF files. I am no expert with Topaz but you may find some useful information by Googling "use Topaz to sign PDF". I was able to locate quite a few articles on the subject.

Note: Before installing and using, you may just want to run it by your local tech for more information.

uniondentalcenter
Canine III

I know this has been brought up when talking with Jeff in development and maybe a future update will integrate signatures for multiple forms from the Topaz.  He did say the idea was on their radar so maybe???

0 Kudos