cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurecka1
Canine III

Search by check number

We received a letter from an insurance company asking if we received a check. They gave me the check number and the amount, and will not give the patients name. The problem is that the insurance company issued the check 2016. Can I do a report using the check number to see if I entered it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Search by check number

Currently, there is not a function that allows searching transactions for a specific check number.

0 Kudos
pksaari79
Premolar III

I thought you could run a user selected report but it doesn't appear so.  Idea for Softdent!! 

There is an insurance distribution report that you could run chunks of time for 2016 and compare it until you find that check number which will then give you the patient.  I would run to preview to save paper.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

that is a great idea pksaari79
you can run ( Reports , Accounting , Insurance payment distribution ) for the year of 2016 , print to a PDF file then use the search option in PDF reader to search for that check number

doctom4300
Premolar III

We do not record check numbers when we record payments. If an insurance company came to us with this question, I would have to tell them that I cannot help them unless I have the patient's name.

0 Kudos