cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

Sending bills after insurance payment is received

We collect an estimated amount from the patient at the time of service, but sometimes after getting insurance we have to send a bill.

If I send a billing statement from the account screen the same day that the insurance is posted, will another billing statement print for that account when I run the monthly statements?

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
9 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Sending bills after insurance payment is received

Hi Brenda, great question! 

If you check your billing settings, and the "cycle billing" feature is turned on, the account will not receive another statement for a specified number of days; therefore, if you send a bill manually when the insurance pays (highly recommended) that account will not receive another bill when you send out monthly statements unless the specified number of days has passed. 

Have you ever considered taking full advantage of our cycle billing feature and sending out smaller weekly or bi-weekly batches of statements to increase cash flow?  For more information on this and other billing tips, consider attending our FREE online webinar "CS SoftDent Software: Managing the Basics of Your Accounts Receivable and Billing".  It is offered periodically (the next one is in November) and is good for one CE credit.  You can sign up by clicking on this link and selecting the Webinar section in the middle of the screen, then selecting SoftDent.

www.carestreamdental.com/masterworks 

Hope this helps and you have a wonderful day! 

Danelle Canales

SD Trainer

doctom4300
Premolar III

Thanks, Danelle. That's exactly what I'm looking for. We currently run statements every 30 days. I'm going to suggest going to biweekly.

I have a related question: Is there a way to print a statement such that it includes transactions and balances for one patient on a given account instead of all the patients?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Brenda, 

No, there is no way to print a statement for an individual patient.  If you need the balance for just one patient, you can print a Patient Walkout which will show the transactions from that day and that individual patient's balance - you could also print a copy of the patient's ledger if you needed an itemized list of previous transactions.  (Both of these items are available on the express bar when viewing the patient's transactions.) 

Hope this helps! 

Danelle 

doctom4300
Premolar III

That's not the answer I was hoping for, but it was what I was expecting.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Danelle, is the "CS SoftDent Software: Managing the Basics of Your Accounts Receivable and Billing" webinar ever offered on a day other than a Wednesday?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brenda! doctom4300 I know that the webinars are recorded, so if you register you will get a link sent to you, or you can find previous links under Webinars in the Carestream Dental Institute. d.canales‌ may be able to answer the Wednesday question Also, be sure to follow the SoftDent space here on The Exchange (select CS SoftDent and click follow on the top right of the SoftDent space) to be notified when new events are added for SoftDent, including webinars!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Brenda,

I had to do a little research on my end to get you a correct answer.   It appears most (but not all) Webinars are scheduled on Wednesdays.  When I asked why, I was told that based on previous popular opinion polls Wednesdays are the preferred day by most offices, however, since you have shown interest that means others probably feel the same way, so they are willing to deviate from this schedule. If you can tell me which day of the week you prefer, we can work on getting the webinar scheduled on another day - it will probably be early in 2017.  

Also, as Tiffany pointed out, if you register for one of the already scheduled webinars, we can send you a recording link.  Please be aware that recorded webinars do not include a CE credit.  The class must be attended live to obtain the credit.  

Hope this helps!  

I look forward to working with you, 

Danelle 

doctom4300
Premolar III

I don't need the CE credit, so I'll sign up for an existing webinar and then use the recording.

Thanks!

elavid
Canine II

Is this an option for PW's as well? I have the same situation within Practice Works.

Thank you.

0 Kudos