cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryandental
Canine III

Separate Fee Schedule

Does anyone know if there is a way to have a single Doctor on a different allowance (fee) schedule than the other Doctors in the practice?  We have the software set up that the discount is automatically taken when the transaction is posted.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mdunham
Premolar III

Re: Separate Fee Schedule

You could create a separate allowance table for that Dr.  name the allowance table by the Ins company name and the Dr. Name.

Example:  Delta Premier-Smith only 

0 Kudos
bryandental
Canine III

Would we then need separate insurance plans just for the one doctor? The allowance tables are attached to the insurance plans to take the write off @ dos.

mdunham
Premolar III

If you want the allowance table to attach and of course be able to create and manage a bluebook for said plan/group # ; I would think yes.  

I'm sorry I did not think of that when I responded.   (Pre-coffee thoughts  ).   

You could differentiate the plans by placing an asterisk before the Plan name and group number.   

Creating  another Fee schedule and attaching  it the pt screen would not solve the problem as you would stilll need to create a separate plan. 

***For instance , if you created another Fee schedule and then proceeded to attach the previously created plan you could not ask for the it to "not post adj at time of service" as it would mess up estimation and treatment plans for the rest of your patients attached to that plan.   

In brainstorming about this issue, I was thinking that You may consider NOT posting adjustments at time of service.  Therefore, you could create another Fee schedule and attach it to the Pt screen, and then attach the current plan within your system to your account.  However!  That would not work either as  the allowable i.e.;(created Fee schedule for pt)., would be different  from the allowable that is attached to current plan. In addition, bluebook tables would never be correct for that pt and you could never revise for that patient without effecting the rest of attached patients.  Oye!

With my almost 30 years of Softdent experience, I believe the most effective way is to create a separate allowance table and plans for this Doctor within your practice.   This would allow you to have proper bluebook tables and more trustworthy treatment plans.   

Melissa

0 Kudos
bert
Premolar II

Another way would be to add modifer codes to the fee schedule and you could rely on the person doing the posting to post the correct code. This way you have one allowance table for each company with allowed amounts like this

150. Drs A and B standard 65.00

150.01 Dr X      Fee 65.00

The standard fees are the same for the 150. and 150.01 but the allowance table would have different allowed amounts.

Allowance table

150. allowed amount 50.00

150.01   allowed amount is 45.00

In PPO terms adj would 15.00 for Drs A and B and 20. for Dr X

Try it in the tutorial and see if it works out for you

0 Kudos
leeann
Canine II

Does the doctor have different fees than the other doctors in the practice? If so then you can go to the ADA codes and on the scheduler/fee tab assign one of the fee tables 1 – 26 to that doctor.  You will have to enter his fee for each ADA code in that fee schedule.  You can then assign his fee schedule to his patients and they will be charged his usual and customary fee.  You don’t have to create extra codes this way and you won’t need the discount.

0 Kudos