cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small pin box

I am trying to figure out the best way to describe what I am needing.  I am new to this software so I am trying to get everything figured out.  There is a small box that pops up when I open the chart that shows when my patient is due for xrays, pano, etc - it is almost a little "pinned" bar.  The problem I am having is its on some patients, some its not.  It also pops up right away then disappears on some patients charts.  I am just wondering where this tool is and how I can find it when pulling up a patients chart.  I hope this makes sense.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Small pin box

this tool is called Zoom or "assistant's info"
usually this tool is not pinned so once you click anywhere else it will disappear , unless you click on the little pin figure that changes to a circle and keep Zoom open for that patient 

if you want to manually open Zoom in chart go to view then review assistant's info 

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Kayla,  These pin notes appear because there is a notation within that procedure code in the BLUEBOOK.   We use these notes in our practice to inform our hygienist of frequencies on plans.   These will pop up for both plans if the patient has dual insurance.    I suggest that you develop a system of always notating the following procedures as described below to sharpen Frequency limit skills amongst staff:    hyg code frequencies

Additionally,  be sure to ALWAYS notate the frequencies of each of these codes in BLUEBOOK, so that HYG will not need frequency limit code frequencies

This saves time for the front desk so they may focus on other duties.  Once this information is notated on the plan bluebook code entries, it will be there for all patients on that plan.   It is a wonderfully underused feature of Softdent.    

cdamoney
Canine III

Our "zoom" button is grayed out in softdent.  When I added the note in the bluebook, the note was not showing up in the Assistant's info in the chart view.  Are there two Assistant boxes in softdent?  Seems like you are referring to a different assistant.  The only Assistant box that comes up is on chart side and shows dates of last services and any notes we put in under the patients notes tab.  

doctom4300
Premolar III

This is so helpful, Melissa!  I wish I'd known about it when we did our giant insurance overhaul last year.