cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

SoftDent Electronic Services - EClaims to Paper

When I validate electronic claims, sometimes I get an error that a given claim cannot be filed electronically. When that happens, I go back into SoftDent and resubmit that claim by printing it out.

Reading the Electronic  Services Account Balance Summary, sometimes I see EClaims to Paper. I'm guessing that that happens when a claim cannot be filed electronically for some reason, and then it gets printed out (but not by us).

What is the difference? Why do I have to print out the first one, but the electronic services takes care of the second one?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: SoftDent Electronic Services - EClaims to Paper

In the electronic services module you have the ability to send paper claims electronically, once it gets to the clearing house it is printed to paper placed in an envelope then mailed.

This is a setting in electronic services. there a a few payer id's for different types of paper claims, commercial,  BC/BS etc.

There payer #'s are
#99999 = A paper claim BC/B.S.
#00004 = A paper claim commercial
#99997 = A paper claim Delta
#98998 = A paper claim Medicaid

You can print the alphabetical insurance company report in SoftDent, it will list the payer is next to the carrier

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Wendy, does this mean that the next time I get the message that a given claim cannot be filed electronically, I should change the payer ID for that insurance to the corresponding ID that you have listed there?

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

I tried this. I had a patient for whom the insurance was Delta of MN with payer ID 07000 and type Delta. When I changed the ID to 99997 and then try to file, I get the message #5090 "Invalid slot specified in insurance company [1430] screen. Commercial=0 BCBS=1 Delta=2 Medicaid=3".

What else do I need to do? 

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Brenda,

Following the steps below should solve this error (Invalid slot specified) for you.

1. Open the Insurance Company information screen for the claim(s) you are attempting to submit to.
2. Check the Prov/Prac ID box.

If this is a Commercial Insurance this should be set to 0

If this is a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Insurance this should be set to 1

If this is a Delta Dental Insurance this should be set to 2

If this is a Medicaid Insurance this should be set to 3

3. Click OK and resubmit the claim

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

Thanks Matt. That worked. I find it odd that I have to set the type to Delta, and then manually set the Prov/Prac ID. But it worked.

0 Kudos