cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninaclaydental
Canine III

Softdent Error Message

Jump to solution

Has anyone else been experiencing this error? Please dont say ‌. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
4 Replies
chriscornett
Premolar II

Re: Softdent Error Message

Jump to solution

ninaclaydental‌, Error = 36 errors are typically related to the following causes:

• Can't access or read a file
  • Network connection interrupted
  • Power outages
  • Hard drive failure
  • Network interface card power settings
  • Data corruption

If you are experiencing this solely on the workstations then most likely there is a network related issue not allowing the current file to be accessed. Try doing the same thing on the server machine and see if the error message appears there as well. If it does, then perhaps utilities are necessary as the file itself may be corrupted and thus the workstations are unable to access it. If it only appears on the workstations then you may have a network related issue not allowing the file on the server to be accessed appropriately. If you find that this error is, in fact, not affecting the server then let me know and I can see about getting an Escalations representative assigned to call you. Again, if the issue IS occurring on the server then utilities may need to be performed due to a corrupted file (which could still be the result of a possible network issue).

ninaclaydental
Canine III

Jump to solution

chriscornett‌ To my knowledge it is only happening on the workstations. 

0 Kudos
chriscornett
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Definitely sounds network or environment related. How long has this been happening? If nothing has changed in the environment then I would suggest rebooting the server and workstations at the end of the day and rechecking tomorrow. If the issue persists after a reboot then let me know and I'll request it to be assigned to an Escalations representative tomorrow.

karen
Premolar I

Jump to solution

We too get that error and believe it comes down to a server and network issue, both of which we are getting repaired.