cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdunham
Premolar III

Softdent popularity

I am on many social media dental groups and subscribe to several Dental podcasts.   I never hear Carestream/Softdent mentioned.  It is always Eaglesoft, Dentrix and Open dental.   I have experience with Eaglesoft and Dentrix, both of whom do not give the same financial freedom when it comes to insurance, bluebooks, Fee Schedules, etc as Softdent!    Why?  This is a Fantastic PMS !  We want you to stay in business, market yourself!       

7 Replies
FormerPLM
Premolar III

Re: Softdent popularity

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for the great post!  Please rest assured that SoftDent is not going anywhere.  We are making some big improvements this year and we plan to do so next year and beyond.  

Thank you for your continued support!

Jeff

drcavola
Premolar III

Melissa,

Here's been my observations over the years, especially on Dentaltown.

At the start of Dentaltown, Softdent was represented "officially" by a few different people, but over the years those individuals moved on.  And, more importantly, the "Corporate" new way was NO PRESENCE on the boards.  That left it up to a few loyal individuals/user to take the licks as the complaints, gripes, and frustrations grew.

Bottom line, many, many of those concerns were NOT resolved, at least on the public posting boards, and therefore the general feel was that Carestream was an unkind corporate monstrosity.  

Yes, it's frustrating to say the least.

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Just to be clear, Dentaltown does not allow vendors to participate in the online community.  This makes it very hard to defend against negative comments.  

drcavola
Premolar III

Jeff,

Upon quick review, Andy Jensen of Curve Dental posts on Dentaltown.  

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Indeed frustrating.  I cannot wait to see our new upgrades!  I assist offices in setting up their AR to be successful and predictable.  It is a tad more difficult to do that with Eaglesoft and Dentrix.   The software does alot of math that should be left up to the office/ AR manager. In addition, you cannot add frequencies or age limits on procedures.  It can leave an office with alot of open AR that they could have collected at appointment, among so many others I cannot list right now.    I have not seen Open dental.     

Well, give us a wiz bang of an upgrade.  I hope to be on some podcasts soon, and could drop a "plug"  

jmo
Canine II

I'm a new user to Softdent..........and I don't find it to be user friendly. Perhaps my training was a bit inadequate. My frustration is jumping from one tab to the next just to complete one task, amongst many others. I've used QSI for 12+years and WinOMS, also a CS product for 6 years. I loved both of the PMS mentioned. I'm still not convinced that Softdent is the PMS for us.  

FormerPLM
Premolar III

Hi jmo

SoftDent is a complex product, no doubt.  I would like to suggest you take some of our free online training sessions, the information is below.  Or, even better, schedule a day or two with our trainers in your office.  The time saved by knowing the most efficient way to navigate the system will easily cover the cost of our visit.  Please see below for instructions to the Carestream Dental Institute.  

You can use the Carestream Dental Institute, formerly known as the MasterWorks LearnCenter, to learn more about your software. Update training is included with your software as part of your Advantage plan. Log in to the Carestream Dental Institute to participate in interactive web training and learn about new features and enhancements added to the software.

Registering for the Carestream Dental Institute

Before you can access an interactive web training course, you must register with the Carestream Dental Institute. To register, follow these steps:

1. Go to http://www.carestreamdental.com/dentalinstitute

2. Click Register.

3. In the Registration User Information form, type the information for your office.

4. Click Submit. An account will be created for you within 48 business hours.

Accessing the Carestream Dental Institute

1. Go to http://www.carestreamdental.com/dentalinstitute

Note: A link to the Carestream Dental Institute is also available in your software under the Help menu.

2. Click Customer Login

3. Type your e-mail address in the User Name field, and enter your password (a password is provided to you after registering for the Carestream Dental Institute).

4. Click Login.

5. From the Home page, click Course Catalog to browse the training content that is a part of your advantage plan.

Note: If you are a new customer going through initial training you can access your initial training content under My Assignments.