Jeff, I have requests/suggestions to the Softdent Med-Dental Health History Form:
1) Can you have "DATE:___" printed at the lower right corner of the Confidential Medical-Dental History Form so patient can insert date when they are completing the form? (And, add DATE field to the Update Patient Info Form)
2) Change under the Women Only section: "How many months?" TO "How many weeks?" In SD, when you open a patient's Medical Alerts window, the pregnancy field specifically asks "# of weeks____"
3) Add CELL # on form by moving EMAIL field over to the right under REF PATIENT. Then, Home phone, Work phone, and Cell phone will be under each other.
Thank you for the suggestion. There is an existing alternate medical Hx form that appears to meet most of your needs. It's too big to attach here, so I will email it to you. Let me know what you think.
Thanks Jeff! I LOVE that alternate Medical History under Clinical Management! (This form will print prior patient responses.) I use it now for every patient. Just add, "What is the reason for today's dental appt?"
After all these years, how did I never see this form?! Whenever I have free moments, I am going to wander around SD and see what else I am not using!
The local version and the Cloud version of SoftDent are nearly identical - the health history form is available in both.
Steps to access:
1. Open the patient record
2. Select Clinical Management from the Express Bar on the left
3. Select Patient Medical History
4. On the Express Bar on the left you have the option to "Print Current History" or "Print Blank Form".
5. To complete the Medical History on the computer, click "Update" at the top and enter applicable information.
Hope this helps!
I think you're talking about the alternate form Joanne is using. If so, you can get to it this way: Get a patient in focus, from the Options list on the left side, choose letters and labels, then Medical History. I hope this helps.
Someone pointed out, that you might be looking for the alternative form.
Here are those steps:
1. Select patient
2. Select Letters and Labels on the Express Bar on the left
3, Select Quick Letters
4. Select Medical History near the bottom of the list
Hope this helps!
Can you add two sentences to the form: PATIENT MEDICAL HISTORY, located under Patient, under Clinical Management? On page 2, please add the following: "What is the reason for your dental appointment today?" AND "Any dental symptoms?" Be real specific and obvious with those 2 questions so they get answered. (Keep middle section, as is, because that's where they mention any other medical condition/disorder that's not on front page check list.)
Per Jeff U's prior recommendation, I print this form for every returning patient just about every visit. I recently attended a legal seminar. They strongly stressed those two bits of information (symptoms & why they came), plus medical history updates, at each and every visit, in case any legal situations would arise months or yrs later. So, I added those questions on this form to ensure that the patient wrote it in their own writing.
(These are on the form I use for new patients but not on this form for returning patients.)
Can you do this ASAP? I use this form every day, every hour. Thanks!