cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctom4300
Premolar III

The login screen does not have focus after starting up SoftDent

Since upgrading to SoftDent 16, we've noticed that immediately after starting SoftDent the login screen pops up and the cursor is blinking in the field where we type the login id, but the window does not actually have the focus. Typing does not put anything in the field. We have to click on the login window and then start typing.

How do we fix this so that the login screen has focus after starting SoftDent?

8 Replies

Re: The login screen does not have focus after starting up SoftDent

Good morning 
at this time there is nothing we can do to change that , I'd love for this to be fixed in newer versions 
i will add that to the ideas here on the exchange you can vote for it to be added in newer versions 

doctom4300
Premolar III

Yet another thing to dislike about 16. :/

Version 14 had it right.

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

I actually think it started previous to version 16, so logic tells me it probably started in version 15. 

It's something about the login fields not being "active" until you click  the top bar, and then it is active ...

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

We skipped 15, so you are probably right.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

This is the first I've heard of this. I'll add it to the ongoing list of defects. 

Thanks for submitting.

callton
Premolar I

I'm so disappointed....I  brought this up to a rep over a year ago and was told it was fixed in the upcoming version!  This should have already been on the list of defects.  

0 Kudos
drcavola
Premolar III

I feel your pain.  Sometimes the reps overstep their knowledge base, , but fwiw, there is a pretty long list of enhancements that are on hold at the moment.  The version 17 is still in beta and development has a lot vested into making sure this major hurdle, i.e. the account lock, has been fully fixed.  Once complete, I am sure development will start on the list. 

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Thank you, Dr. Cavola.

We are consciously trying to align our process so a there is a tighter communication between our support reps, product managers, and developers. I understand it's been a bumpy road and all I can say moving forward is if you want those kinds of things to be visible to support, product and design w/o any effort, put it here in the community! Tag me if you want. Also, this gives us something to point upper leadership to validate our developmental prioritization moving forward.

Just in the past couple days, I've added things to the backlog that people have posted here that I didn't know about.

Thanks for your continued participation and continue posting.