cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harlene
Canine II

Treatment Estimating w/ better accuracy

I have a question on entering fees for the blue book. We are participating Delta Dental AZ providers and I want to be able to accurately give a patient a treatment estimate based on the approved Delta fees. What is the best way to enter this fee schedule, and do I apply that Delta Fee schedule to all my Delta Az patients ? My co-worker has never used this part of Softdent she has been on for 20+ years but I am trying to have the software help me without over estimating and having to refund a patient. She has used the program for so long and has done things the same way for so long and I am a new Softdent user (with prior Dentrix experience) Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Harlene

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Treatment Estimating w/ better accuracy

Hello harlene‌! Let me tag a few people that may be able to help you out with this softdentgirld.canalesbert

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Harlene

You need to use the Allowance Table feature, combined with the correct ICM, and the insurance estimate, you will be able to achieve what you want to do. Once everything is correct, you will link the allowance table at the plan level and this will build your blue book.  Then you can reestimate the TX Plan.

I would recommend training on insurance management  

if you are interested in training 

email me @ wendy.potts@carestream.com 

Wendy 

mdunham
Premolar III

If your Delta Allowance table is the same for all

providers you will be able to add their Fee schedule into the Allowance Table and attach to all Delta Plans.    After that, you will be then be able to create bluebooks for each plan within Delta.   

Tip!;  add in all percentages to the plan first, and THEN add allowance table as the bluebook will carry forward the percentages the fist time it is added.   The percentages will not correct automatically thereafter.   I.e., if a plan changed major coverage from 50 to 60 percent , the bluebook tables will not correct automatically, you have to

go in and change them manually OR remove the allowance table and re-add.     

0 Kudos
mdunham
Premolar III

Step one:  create allowance table

step two: review percentage values of plan

step three:  attach allowance table to plan. 

STep four:  re-estimate your tx plan

For further tx Plan accuracy; 

See my  post regarding "downgrades" 

0 Kudos