cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hartjesdental
Canine II

Two SoftDents open on one work station

Jump to solution

I previously could have to SoftDents running on my workstation which made for easier processing of one task and assisting a patient in the middle we just upgraded to the V16.0 is this not available anymore? We could double click on the SD icon log in, then do the same and it would say do you want to open another SD and you could. Now when we double click it does not allow another SD to open! Help two SD open is a necessity!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
dmccrory
Premolar II

Re: Two SoftDents open on one work station

Jump to solution

Hello Jessica,

If you have not already done this, create another SoftDent shortcut:

1.  Within the SoftDent folder on the workstation, find the SDWin.exe icon.

2.  Right Click on the icon and select "Send To" > Desktop (create shortcut)

3.  On this new shortcut, right click and select properties.

4.  In The Target field delete out the current information and add

*  C:\SoftDent\SDWin.exe -sus

IF you are Faircom or Client/Server use:   C:\SoftDent\SDWinCS.exe -sus

This should allow the newly created shortcut to open while the original one is

open.

hartjesdental
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for your help! Worked like a charm. 

Best,

Jess 

jmerhar
Premolar I

Jump to solution

I had absolutely no idea this was possible. I need a little more explanation before I mess around with files and properties. 

0 Kudos
hartjesdental
Canine II

Jump to solution

Basically you are adjusting setting which will allow you to have two soft dent applications open at one workstation. On your short cut on the desktop you are adjusting settings as they explained how. So you can double click open one session. Then double click again, a prompt will come up stating you already have one running do you want to open a second. 

This ability allows me to work on large insurance checks, projects, a patient I was just on the phone with, then flip to another session should a patient walk up or another call come in you can switch to a second screen leaving what you were just working on up to come back to. Sometimes its hard to be in the middle of entering insurance or a payment and not complete it because you need to go into another patients record. I work more efficiently this way. Originally I thought we would have to get myself dual monitors to do this but it can be done on one workstation and one monitor. It's genius!

(o:

0 Kudos
jmerhar
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Do you have an issue with being signed in to more than one computer?  We do if we are in more than two, the third creates an issue. I will call support to help me set this up, as I cannot seem to locate the SDWin.exe icon file thingy

0 Kudos
hartjesdental
Canine II

Jump to solution

I have not experienced that issue, sometimes I am signed in at my desk, in the xray room, the server, and a doctors room. No real noticeable issues other than normal lag time and if someone is trying to get into the same patient as you are. If you right click on the desktop icon and hit properties it should take you to a place where you can see the area that says Target which is where you will type in the sdwin.exe as he explained above!

hope this helps.

Jess (o: 

0 Kudos
bgalofredds
Canine III

Jump to solution

Terrific David, Can this be done on the cloud?

0 Kudos
dmccrory
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Hello,

For the Cloud, it's not the same, you have to open the normal citrix

SoftDent log in icon and then open the cloud SoftDent by using the

internet bowser. You will have to use two different log in IDs in order

to accomplish this. Also making sure the other log in is not currently

using SoftDent

David McCrory| Technical Support Analyst

David.McCrory@carestream.com

Office: 866.435.7473 Fax: 678.247.0267

www.carestreamdental.com

Find us at Twitter | Facebook

http://www.carestreamdental.com/us/en/forms/dental-events

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

While you can't do this on the cloud without a second login (as David explained), you can do some multi-tasking in one SoftDent instance.  If you are in the middle of working on a patient record, and the phone rings or someone else comes in, simply use the patient list or phone center icons on the power bar at the top of the screen to open additional records.  At this point you will see each record you have open in the current views section of the Express bar, and can switch between them as needed, but be careful - sometimes people forget how many windows they have open, and as we all know, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to open a record and getting a message that someone else is already using it .  

0 Kudos