Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnlynchoffice
Canine III

Two questions

Two questions:

1.  When will version 17 be released?

2. Does anyone know if there is a training class or video on how to use the Setting up credit card payment plans and using recurring credit card payment details window? As well as any legal issues regarding keep credit card numbers on file?

12 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Two questions

Hi office@johnlynchdmd.com‌! 

1. Version 17 has been released but I'm not sure where they are with shipments. ayman‌ or tyson.edwards‌ can either of you check this? 

2. We have the following class in the Carestream Dental Institute (www.carestreamdental.com/cdi) on automatic payments with our ePayment feature. 

SoftDent: Getting Started with ePayments Recorded Class - This recorded class is designed for all team members and provides instruction on how to get started using ePayments with SoftDent practice management software. By the end of this class, you should be able to process payments, void transactions, refund payments, reprint receipts, and run settlement reports. (6 minutes) 

If you are not sure if you have an account for the Carestream Dental Institute, or have trouble logging in there, let me know and I can check.  

Also, the following has been added to The Exchange out of the SoftDent Online Help (you may find some more topics there regarding this topic): 

SoftDent: Setting Up Credit Card Payment Plans 

SoftDent: Using the Recurring Credit Card Payment Details Window 

If you still need more information I would be happy to have someone from our training department contact you as well. 

office@johnlynchdmd.com
i have added a manual order to ship a Softdent V17 disk to you
this should be processed and sent by USPS shortly 
in meanwhile i would advise you to make sure that all your computers meet the minimum requirements for v17
http://www.carestreamdental.com/ImagesFileShare/.sitecore.media_library.Files.Support.System_Require... 
use this link if you are on the scheduler version ( 116 ) 
http://www.carestreamdental.com/ImagesFileShare/.sitecore.media_library.Files.Support.System_Require... 

johnlynchoffice
Canine III

What does scheduler version mean? I did not like the new schedule and never used it. I amusing the older schedule version.

scheduler version means the new schedule , so please use the first link for version 16 system requirement 

0 Kudos
johnlynchoffice
Canine III

Thank you for this information.. I would like to know what the legalities are in keeping credit cards on file. I thought we were not allow to store credit card info?

0 Kudos

to be honest i don't have that information 
maybe chriscornett and juriz have some information about the level of encryption for stored credit card information 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

office@johnlynchdmd.com

Tammy, 

You will only be able to fully use the Credit Card Payment Plan portion of the software if you have our ePayments module - with the ePayments module, credit card information is stored with TSYS (our banking vendor) not within your software or database which is how you are able to store the information legally.  On the date the payment is due it happens automatically with no necessary input from the user prior to settling the credit card batch - you have no access to the patient's card number or information after the initial setup/entry.  

Hope this helps! 

Danelle 

johnlynchoffice
Canine III

Ok, so I have a TSYS account now to process credit card payments, but I do not think I have the ePayments module, or do I since I have the TSYS account. We do not accept payment from online. Do you mean that when I press the use previous card on the credit card payment screen and it shows the last four numbers of the last card a patient used, that number is not stored on my system but on the TSYS? Sorry I just want to be clarify and be sure. Thank you. Tammy

0 Kudos

Can we get on the shipment list for v17??

0 Kudos