cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loukauf
Canine II

Updates 16.2.5

Jump to solution

We have been told for the previous 10 months that a new update to softdent is coming and continuing to be told that this is still in the works. The other day we called and were told another 4 months. When can we expect as a Softdent user for 20 plus years it is very frustrating to see what the other companies are doing in the marketplace and Softdent is lagging behind. 

Bottom line when can we expect the much needed update? Or is it time to jump ship and move to another vendor.

7 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Updates 16.2.5

Jump to solution

Dr. Kaufman - 

We have those answers for you on these two recent threads.  We would also be excited to have you participate in beta if you are interested. 

Major Update on SoftDent Version 17 

loukauf
Canine II

Jump to solution

Thank you I am aware of the beta testing. Not interested in being a Beta

tester.

I guess you have no answers as well

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 10:12 AM, john.wildharber <exchange@carestream.com>

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Dr. Kaufman,

Unfortunately the time line you were given is accurate. It will be approximately 4 more months before release. On the flip side it will have been beta tested by nearly 2 dozen practices resulting in a solid release. The ability to have multiple users in an account is working great and the Charting Overview feedback is positive. 

If you're going to be at the Chicago Midwinter next week please stop by the Carestream booth. Myself and other members of the development team will be there and we can discuss this more in detail. 

loukauf
Canine II

Jump to solution

I look forward to it.

drcavola
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Louis,

I also sympathize with your frustration.  There are lots of instances where our user experiences and disappointments can get the best of us.  I've got plenty in my back pocket ... and especially if your are on the Scheduler version as are our office.

I'm going to hold off until we see Softdent version 17.  From what we've been told this version solves one of the MOST challenging issues Softdent has had in a long time - decades - and that is the record lock out.  But by no means is that the only issue.  

I'm giving development the benefit of the doubt, not only because "they" are good people, but also because "they" have seem to been able to solve it.  We should all do so, respectively.  

However, if there are some other things you wish Softdent can accomplish now, there are plenty of places here in this community where you can voice your requests and opinions.

bryandental
Canine III

Jump to solution

All that we hear about is being able to have multiple users in an account.  Even though that is needed, there are far more important things that need to be improved upon, like the insurance estimates and the bluebook.  I am in agreement with Mr. Kaufman's statement about this software lagging behind. 

0 Kudos
dredchappelle
Canine II

Jump to solution

I too am wondering about the timeliness of releases.  My front desk is relatively new and they want to compare to Dentrix.  I have been loyal to Softdent for 30 years now, and I want to continue , but pressure is mounting.  There is no substitution for innovation and ease of use, and finally cost.

Thanks

0 Kudos