cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktatejacoby
Canine III

Updating addresses in account and patient records

Is there an easier way to update addresses in accounts and have it pull over into the patients listed on the account than the way we are having to do it? Currently we change in the account page, it asks if you want to update all patients. Then you HAVE to BACK OUT of the account, move to a different account, then go back and click on the patients to be sure it has updated. Also, why does it sometimes not update the account holder as patient? Very frustrating and time consuming! 

5 Replies
doctom4300
Premolar III

Re: Updating addresses in account and patient records

After I update the address in the account screen, when I go back to the patient screen I click "refresh" at the top.

ktatejacoby
Canine III

Thank you! I wasn't aware this was an option. Are you able to do the opposite - update in the patient record then refresh the account page?

0 Kudos
smile44
Canine II

No...if you update in the patient record it will only update there-not acct screen. Sometimes I will update only the patient screen say if it is a family member with a diff address than the acct holder (same family). Hope that helps!

uniondentalcenter
Canine III

This also happens in our office and it is not always fixed by refreshing.  Or it will update 2 out of 4 of the patients and the remainder stay with the old address.  We shouldn't have to verify this on each and every one so there has to be a program glitch causing this to occur.  We are Softdent v 16.2.3.2

0 Kudos
doctom4300
Premolar III

For the software to change the address, it has to match exactly. If, for example, the account screen has the old address is Main St but the patient screen has it as Main Street, it's not going to match. Or if they are both Main St, but one has an extra space between Main and St, they won't match.

I don't know if that's what's causing your addresses to not refresh, but it's a possibility.

0 Kudos