cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdamoney
Canine III

Using the lab case button in Softdent

Is anyone using the lab case option in Softdent?  Is there a job aid or training info available for this feature?  I have not been able to find anything other than the small mention in the SD charting workbook.  If you use this feature do you still fill out lab slips as well or can you print them out  of SD and then send to lab. 

Labels (1)
8 Replies
callton
Premolar I

Re: Using the lab case button in Softdent

I use this option to make sure the lab cases are returned by the seat date.  We still fill out lab slips.  I wish that when you create a memo you could specify who that memo is for...as it is I have to exit & return to the lab case, then change the memo from "ALL" to my name so every workstation doesn't get memos popping up. 

karen
Premolar I

We too use the lab case option in softdent. Unfortunately I am unaware of an option to print from softdent directly so we also have to fill out a lab slip. The lab function allows us to see who has cases outstanding. 

bert
Premolar II

Currently there is not a function to create the actual lab RX in Softdent when making the lab case which I think would be a nice enhancement. It isn't simple because labs have quite a variety of forms used. A lot of offices hand write the RX for the lab and scan it and attach it to the lab case.

pksaari79
Premolar III

We use the lab case function and put the information in, once cases come back....to make sure they are back in time for seat date.  There is a memo that lets us know when that case is back.  You can mark that by going into each lab and mark the default time for the case to return to the office....it's under the times the lab is open, to the right of the contact information for each lab.  We also track the invoice and the cost by each lab.  Dr. Saari still fills out the lab slips by hand.  I did discover, just now, if you look in File, then Labs, and select a lab, you will get a run down of all the lab cases attached to that lab, completed and still outstanding, by looking at options to the left of the lab name and select Lab Cases.

bwhite
Premolar I

We would love to see the option to print a lab script when a lab case is opened.  This would be a huge time saver from the stand point of having to hand write the script and then turn around a scan it back into the patient's chart.  

marybrotbeck
Canine II

Kay explained this very well. We also attach the lab case to the appointment. When the case is checked in, SD marks the appointment with a green check mark so you can instantly see the case is back by looking at the schedule. The case is attached on the appointment card in the lower right corner.

pksaari79
Premolar III

And, per Mary, that green check is a nice, quick way to look at the schedule and know the case is back because it had been checked into the Softdent.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

jeffrey.urkevich

Just wanted to draw your attention to this post.  Looks like there is quite a bit of interest in an enhancement to add a "print lab slip" option.  

cdamoney

Adding Lab Cases

1. Select an option:

1. In the Patient window: Select Clinical Management from the Options section of the Express bar or Options menu. A submenu is displayed. Select View Lab Cases. 
    2. In the Labs window: Select Lab Cases from the Options section of the Express bar or Options menu.
      The Lab case List window is displayed.
  1. Click Add. The Lab case window is displayed in ADD mode.

1. Select the patient, doctor, and lab from the drop-down lists and make the changes to the Opened and Expect Back fields.

2. Type the information in the Tooth, Shade, and Description fields.

3. Click OK. The lab case is saved. A message prompts you to create a reminder memo for the day the lab case is due back. Click Yes to generate a memo. The Lab case window is displayed.

4. Click Close twice.

Upon return of the lab case, follow the same steps, then add a date to the Returned field.

Marking a Case Complete

1. Select an option:

1. In the Patient window: Select Clinical Management from the Options section of the Express bar or Options menu. A submenu is displayed. Select View Lab Cases. The Lab case window is displayed.
  2. In the Labs window: Select Lab Cases from the Options section of the Express bar or Options menu.

The Lab case List window is displayed.

1. Select the lab case and click Edit. The Lab case window is displayed.

2. Select Complete, enter any applicable invoice/fee information and click OK. The lab case status is saved.

3. Click Close.