cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lynnnathe
Canine II

WARNING!! SD Patient Medical History

Urgent warning!  Please be aware of a serious issue with the Softdent Patient Medical History.  The medical history can be updated one time per day but it is NOT possible to edit the medical history within that 24 hour period.  Edits simply are not retained.  For example, when I add a NP medical history, it is correct and retained.  If that history is brought up in the clinical area of the doctor to review, NONE if his/her additions are retained. I discovered this when I attempted to add some critical information to a patient's health history after a return phone call from the oncologist.  The information was not retained and this could have proved catastrophic.  This is system wide with all users of Softdent 17.0.  This was brought to Carestream's attention in May and still absolutely no resolution or attempt to notify users of this potentially dangerous situation.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WARNING!! SD Patient Medical History

@tyson_edwards adding you to the conversation to see what plans there are for this. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: WARNING!! SD Patient Medical History

Hi, apologies, yes this is an issue that came out with 17. 

We have fixed this issue with 17.1 along with many other issues as well as integrated a new patient banner. 

See the full list here:
https://community.carestreamdental.com/t5/SoftDent-Discussion/SD-Version-17-1-Release-Notes/td-p/107...

We should be shipping by end of the week.

Thanks for posting.

0 Kudos