cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdunham
Premolar III

Where Can I find Copies of Email Sent Via Softdent?

Jump to solution

Where can I view copies of email sent through Softdent?   I looked through my sent file of outlook, but the sent emails are not showing up there.  Do any of you have an issue with this?  I am thinking perhaps my outlook is not set up correctly.  

4 Replies

Re: Where Can I find Copies of Email Sent Via Softdent?

Jump to solution

Hey mdunham 
i don't think SD keeps copies of sent emails , though outlook for sure should keep them as ( outlook doesnt really know that it was sent from SD to treat it differently ) 
if for some reason your outlook is not setup or not saving sent mail , i would check the email website ( Gmail , hotmail , ..... ) for your email provider you should and for sure find them in sent folder there  

dmccrory
Premolar II

Jump to solution

Depending on your version of Outlook here is some information from Microsoft that hopefully will help moving forward with your emails:

Enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option by following the steps below for your version of Outlook.

In Outlook 2010 or later versions:

1. Click File, and then Options.
  2. In the Outlook Options dialog, click Mail.  
  3. Under the Save messages section, enable the Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder option.
    The screenshot for step 3
  4. Click OK.

In Outlook 2007:
  1. Click Tools, and then Options.
  2. Under the Preferences tab, click E-mail Options...
  3. Enable the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option.
    The screenshot for step 3
  4. Click OK.

More Information

The Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option can be controlled using the Outlook Group Policy setting. You can find the policy setting below, depending on your version of Outlook.

Outlook 2007: 
Policy Path: User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Classic Administrative Templates (ADM)/Microsoft Office Outlook 2007/Tools | Options.../Preferences/E-mail Options

The screenshot for Outlook 2007 policy option

Outlook 2010:
Policy Path: User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Classic Administrative Templates (ADM)/Microsoft Outlook 2010/Outlook Options/Preferences/E-mail Options

The screenshot for Outlook 2010 policy option

Outlook 2013:
Policy Path: User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Microsoft Outlook 2013/Outlook Options/Preferences/E-mail Options

The screenshot for Outlook 2013 policy option

Outlook 2016:
Policy Path: User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Microsoft Outlook 2016/Outlook Options/Preferences/E-mail Options
The screenshot for Outlook 2016 policy option

In the dialog box for the policy setting, click Enabledto enable the policy and select the Save copies of messages in Save Items folderoption (The screen shot for this step is listed below).

The screenshot for

The Registry keys associated with the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder option are as follows:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Preferences

Where x.0 is your version of Outlook:
Outlook 2016 = 16.0
Outlook 2013 = 15.0
Outlook 2010 = 14.0
Outlook 2007 = 12.0
DWORD Value Name: SaveSent
Value Data: 
0 = Disabled; Sent emails will not be saved in the Sent Items folder.
1 = Enabled; Sent emails will be saved in the Sent Items folder.
mdunham
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Thank you!   It is a mystery for sure.   Thank you for your reply!  Very helpful!

mdunham
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Wow!!!!!    Thank you so much',  what a huge help!