Jump to solution

How to track lab cases in SOFTDENT?

Labels (1)
15 Replies
pksaari79
Premolar III

Re: how to track lab cases in SOFTDENT?

Jump to solution

First you need to set up your labs by going to List, then Labs or Ctrl L, and add the lab information for each lab.

After your procedure, if a lab is involved (you set this up under each procedure code under Lab Prep Code) and you have identified this procedure as needing a lab case, the question will prompt you to add it.  Say yes and it will prompt you to add your information.  Fill in the information the office would like. See screen shot below.  When that is completed and you close out, you will get a request to create a memo for it to return. That is determined by your default days for a case to be returned from that particular lab.  When the case is returned from the lab, go to the patient; look under the options and choose Clinical Management; then select View Lab Cases.  In our office, once the case is returned from the lab, we mark the case as competed and add the invoice and the fee.  We also scan in their lab invoice under the patient's  name under documents with its own label. 

It is nice because when you go to input this information when the case is returned, Softdent changed the layout so the outstanding cases are at the top of the page. 

Hope this helps......

softdentgirl‌ any other ideas??

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Great information pksaari79‌! 

We've also added a few sections, out of the SoftDent online Help, to The Exchange that may be of some use as well. 

SoftDent: Adding a New Lab 

SoftDent: Tracking a Lab Case Status 

pksaari79
Premolar III

Jump to solution

Thanks for all the steps....that will help understanding where to go and how to do!!

johnbcarpenter
Canine II

Jump to solution

Kay

To add to this, when scheduling appointments which involve a lab case you would want to add the lab case to the appointment card.  When a lab case is outstanding it will show a red "L" on the appointment scheduler and when the lab case is completed it will show a green "L" on the appointment this way you will know if a lab case is done for your patient. Having lab cases is great to keep track of what shade was used on the crown, years down the road you can look back quickly (under patient's transactions>lab cases) to see what was used.  We have an in-house lab so our lab techs mark the cases completed and the receptionist doesn't have to call down or question what cases are done and what are not.

Kelly

pksaari79
Premolar III

Jump to solution

I agree....yes, we do look for the red and green L on the appointment card.  Thanks for adding to it!!

callton
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Kelly - which version are you on?  We are on 116.1.1 and do not have the "L" on the appointment card.  That would be so handy!  

To the SD gurus - it would be fantastic if our SD version would be shown on this message board along with our name and avatar.  

familydental27
Canine II

Jump to solution

You have to double click the appointment (or view appt) and on the right side click the drop down where it says "Lab case #" and select the case from the drop down. That's the only way the "L" will show on the appointment card.

callton
Premolar I

Jump to solution

I tried that but still no "L" which got me thinking that there are preferences in scheduler that I can tweak.  So for anyone else having this trouble, go into Scheduler Settings, then "Overlay Designer", scroll down to "Icons", and check the box "Lab Case Status".  

I now have a yellow test tube indicating a lab case is expected and a green test tube when the lab case has been returned.  

pksaari79
Premolar III

Jump to solution

What version are you on....that will help narrow who can help you.