I clicked Insurance->Electronic Services and saw this dialog box:
Registry - Missing configuration information
The online settings for WINECS have not bee initialized. Enabling transactions to be sent via Internet file Transfer.
I clicked OK, the application started up, and I filed the claims that had been batched with no problem.
Do I need to be concerned about that dialog box?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The ECS screen will eventually come up and when it does, look at the modem settings. If not, then open ECS module, click on Setup, click on Modem, and then click on the box (should be a check) that states Internet File Transfer Settings (the line should have "eservices.practiceworks.com")
I guess I should preface that by making sure you have internet access on that workstation. (hahaha)
Yes, that computer has internet access. lol
"Modem" isn't one of the choices, but "Connection" is. It's got the check mark next to Internet File Transfer with the website listed as eservices.practiceworks.com. I guess it's all ok.
I rarely (never?) touch anything in ECS except to load/validate/submit claims. Who knows what happened here.
Thanks for your help.
Thank you for answering this dr.cavola
this error would happen because Either incorrect connection settings or an unresponsive registry key.
1. Click through the error message(s).
2. Allow time for the Electronic Services screen to open,
3. When Electronic Services opens, access the connection settings: Text Menu: Setup > Modem, or Left Side Button: Setup > Connection
4. Ensure that checkbox under "Internet File Transfer Settings" should be checked.
5. Ensure that “eservices.practiceworks.com” populates the field next to the checkbox.
6. Click OK and make sure claims or statements can be transmitted.