2018 CDT Codes Installation Guide
Installing CDT 2018 Codes to the CS SoftDent Software
This aid contains instructions for using the CDT 2018 Update Utility to update the CDT codes in CS SoftDent practice management software and is intended for users running the following versions:
* CS SoftDent v14.0.3 and higher (Note: If you are using a version of SoftDent prior to v14.0.3, you must upgrade or add the codes manually.)
* CS SoftDent v16/v116
To install the new 2018 CDT codes:
1. Close SoftDent on all machines.
2. On the server, Click on the SetupCDTCodes.zip file attached to this article.
3. Click Save, and save the file to desktop of the server.
4. Right-click on the SetupCDTCodes.zip and select "extract" to unzip the file. The file should unzip to the same location
The file will be unzipped as: SetupCDTCodes.exe
5. Double-click on the SetupCDTCodes.exe file.
6. At the first prompt, click Run or Yes.
7. Read and accept the End User License Agreement. A message is displayed when the codes hove been
When the CDT 2018 codes are installed, the following things occur:
- Eighteen (18) new codes are added to the database.
- Sixteen (16) codes are revised.
- Three (3) codes are removed.
The 2018 CDT codes can also be downloaded from the Customer Portal on Carestream Dental's website. Registration to the portal may be required prior to download.
Chris - When will this be uploaded for Cloud Users?
Chris, have you heard anything regarding updates for Cloud users?Thank you
Is this something that I need to schedule or will this be uploaded during an update?
bwhite, they should already be installed for cloud users. Check your codes for the following new codes:
D0411 HbA1c in-office point of service testingD5511 Repair broken complete denture base, mandibularD5512 Repair broken complete denture base, maxillaryD5611 Repair resin partial denture base, mandibularD5612 Repair resin partial denture base, maxillaryD5621 Repair cast partial framework, mandibularD5622 Repair cast partial framework, maxillaryD6096 Remove broken implant retaining screwD6118 Implant/abutment supported interim fixed denture for
Thank you Chris. I just checked and they are there!
I checked and they are there but the software does not reflect the change. If you go to System/Fees Maintenance/Install CDT version, it shows 2017. Also, when you go to List/Insurance Plans/Double click plan and click the red claim filing tab, it also says 2017 without a selection for 2018. Please advise.
Carestream Dental LLC
3625 Cumberland Blvd. Ste. 700
Atlanta, GA 30339
© 2019 Carestream Dental, LLC. All Rights Reserved