cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SoftDent: How Do I Move a Patient from One Account to His or Her Own Account?

SoftDent: How Do I Move a Patient from One Account to His or Her Own Account?

Question:

How do I move a patient from one account to his or her own account?

Answer:

1. Click List > Patient
2. Highlight the patient that is to be moved.
3. On the Options Bar, click Move Patient

- If the Options Bar is not present click Options on the Menu Bar and then Move Patient

4. Click Yes on the message that reads "Move this Patient?"
5. Click Yes on the window prompting to create new account.

Please note that if the patient has an outstanding insurance balance, the system will not allow the patient to be moved.

6. Depending upon preference, the primary insurance information for the patient can be carried over to the new account. If so desired, click Yes when prompted to take primary insurance to the new account. Otherwise, click No.

7. Click OK on the message that reads "Patient Successfully Moved... Press Any Key to Continue.".

The patient has now been moved from the previous account into their own. Please note that the patient name will still exist in the original account, though they will be marked as INACTIVE and their first name will be followed by an underscore ("_").

Additional Information:

Note: Patients with active payment plans SHOULD NOT be moved to their own account until the plan is cancelled or completed. This may cause transaction problems when payment plans need to be run otherwise.

While CS SoftDent Software provides the ability to move a patient from one account to another, it is important to remember that for accounting reasons, the transactions are not moved to the new account with the patient. Only a single line item transaction indicating the balance will be present on the patient in the new account. The patient's old transactions will be visible through the patient's "Transaction History" which is selectable on the transactions screen. All the patient's images, documents, history, charting, and contacts are moved as well. Patients cannot be moved until the outstanding insurance claims are finalized and estimated insurance amounts for the patient are taken care of

Comments
jmerhar

You can easily just go to the patient screen and hit the letter "V" and all the same things happen.  "V" for moVe

chriscornett

Indeed jennifer@eaganfamilydentistry.com‌, perhaps I will create a new document containing all the SoftDent keyboard shortcuts as well. Thank you for the additional information you were able to provide.

pksaari79

How to fix.....

We have a patient who was part of a family and has been a patient for a long time.  She got moved to her own account awhile ago, as she relocated to another city.  Today she wanted to pay her bill and added that she needed her own account.  Without checking that we had already done this, the receptionist moved her again. So now we have 2 patient accounts for this same person, one that has no transactions but all her clinical notes AND one that has all transactions but no clinical notes.  What to do?softdentgirl

Hello Kay,

I don't think you can "un-move" a patient.  I know you can remove the moved note in the notes section and remove the user code I.  the images and transactions will stay intact on the first moved patient.  Transactions all move to the History and any scheduled patients are moved as well.

Wendy

chriscornett

She is not asking how to move a patient.

She is asking what to do if the patient gets moved twice.

Wendy

pksaari79

Wendy is correct,we moved the patient correctly once.  However. the patient was moved as we normally do and then moved again.  With one move, the transactions are there; with the other move the clinical notes are there. So what do I do to bring the 2 "moves" into one??

pksaari79

Do you mean move the clinical notes, when you say that to move the notes section?  I am confused.

pksaari79

I was looking over the 2 accounts and the patient with 2 accounts was originally moved a year ago.  So my thinking is to hand move these transactions, which have no clinical notes in the one account, to the account that has no transactions but does have her clinical notes.  Then I would make the first account inactive, even adding word duplicate in her last name or something.  It's not that many cuz she lives in Atlanta, is young, so therefore her transactions are mostly cleanings, exams, and xrays.  They go back to 11/16.  Would this be the best fix??chriscornett

pksaari79

I am re-posting as I never received an answer.....

was looking over the 2 accounts and the patient with 2 accounts was originally moved a year ago.  So my thinking is to hand move these transactions, which have no clinical notes in the one account, to the account that has no transactions but does have her clinical notes.  Then I would make the first account inactive, even adding word duplicate in her last name or something.  It's not that many cuz she lives in Atlanta, is young, so therefore her transactions are mostly cleanings, exams, and xrays.  They go back to 11/16.  Would this be the best fix?? chriscornettsoftdentgirllindamoseley

kmahorney

Hello Kay,

When you move a patient in SD, the transactions do not carry over to the newly created patient's transaction screen.  They are placed in the "Transaction history", there should be an option on the left when looking at the transactions for the new patient. Also, when a patient is moved, the xrays, chart and notes move to the new patient's record. The old patient should be marked inactive.  Any new work or payments need to be entered in on the new "moved" patient. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

pksaari79

Thank you for that information. Someone from Carestream called me this morning and we got all 3 account issues revolved.....and I am relieved AND learned some things in working through this. Always a good result.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-14-2017 01:17 PM
Updated by: