cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omsnashville
Premolar II

Re: 2017 Enhancement Wish-List

A thousand times YES on this!!! Thank you cjenkins@michiganoralsurgeons.com‌!

0 Kudos
omsnashville
Premolar II

Internal Alerts based on Schedule

Another dream feature would create alerts for each user based on today’s schedule. What it looks like in my mind:

Each user sets their preferences (much as they do in Practice Central) of doctor, location, and type of changes to provide notice for. They would be instantly notified in a small pop-up in the lower left corner (a-la Outlook) of their WinOMS window. Their notifications would be filtered by their preference settings, for changes such as:

• An appointment is added, moved, or cancelled
  • A patient checks in
    • Also filter notifications per appt type or category
  • A patient’s appointment type changes

I know the intent was for Point of Care to meet this need, but the fact is that for those not actually in the patient care room (like our receptionists or insurance coordinators), Point of Care is simply not an efficient use of their time, going back and forth. We need something even more instantaneous and less intrusive.

I like a lot of the customization and auditability of Blue Note Software, but we have not implemented that, as it would duplicate work for our clinical staff, who are already marking the patient status in Point of Care.

0 Kudos
annag
Canine III

1. Ability to send electronic claims marked as secondary w/ appropriate attachment/COB info (have mentioned this elsewhere) 

2. Ability to easily edit/change a procedure code and send a replacement claim instead of having to enter a posting error adjustment and re-charge. (Could be done on back end through Clearing House - used to have this capability w/ Emdeon's site and it was wonderful)

3. Insured Party DOB visible on rollover or on demographics screen somewhere - having to use ellipsis button and locate that person's info is near impossible when they have a common name. Meaning, Joe Smith has 12 entries and I have no idea which Joe Smith is the correct one since the system doesn't keep the one associated with the account selected when you use the ellipses button.

4. Not all reports can be exported to Excel for some weird reason. (e.g. Claim Submission Report)

5. Customize capability for Itemized Statements printed through WinOMS. (Custom message on all patients, logo, email & fax number, etc. - phone number associated on statements should not have to be the same as phone number on Rx)

7. Google-like search with other areas of software (new EMR update has this with allergies, etc. - should work on procedure codes, diagnosis codes, etc.)

8. Deactivated insurance plans still appear on insurance claims as secondary plans - should be able to deactivate after charges are entered and claim updates accordingly. 

9. Customize capability for Treatment Plan Summary and Treatment Plan Proposal (logo, more modern/professional looking, etc)

10. Ability to attach things from the account such as EMR notes, documents, images, to medical electronic claims. (NEA Fast Attach does not support medical claims only dental.)

omsnashville
Premolar II

Anesthesia Record as Claim Attachment

I would like to re-mention cromfs‌ 's suggestion about the Anesthesia Record being automatically available as a claim attachment, as mentioned here. This is a common enough request by insurance companies that it would be nice to simplify our way of supplying it to them.

0 Kudos
lynnhoward
Canine II

• Gary, I gave this list to Logan previously, so hopefully you have a lot of these things on your list already or possibly some are in the next version.  Thanks, Lynn

• When selecting reports for multiple doctors and/or locations – have the ability to choose a combination ie: 2 of the 4 offices, not just one or all.

• Aged Receivables Report need to have the option to print at the location level by service location vs. regular office location just like you can for Providers.

• Make adjustment and payment codes INACTIVE for selection so they cannot be used but still show up on all reports.

• Be able to create an office expert/contact expert report for aged receivables for just the insurance balance or just the patient balance.

• Add referrals to Data Export – currently have patient demographics and transactions. Current referral reports are limited for certain things ie:       Ratings/interest categories, etc.

• Extend Rating category cell in referring doctors to more than just 1 character

• Allow practice central to incorporate appointments/etc. for more than one location (not just to the office you are logged on under).

• In addition to all users, allow only YOUR contact expert notes to show vs. everyone on practice central.

• Not allow others to be able to delete your expert reports. Only the individual who created it or users with admin rights.

• Allow you to pick your work week on the time clock report ie; Wed to Tues. so it calculates 40 hours for these days only.

• Allow some users to be able to view others time cards w/o the ability of making changes. This would help managers to track their employees hours.

• Allow Field 17 in Insurance Forms to be able to be edited (change to service provider).

• Allow Customized Insurance Claim forms to be sent electronically.

• When entering payments and adjustments, be able to enter them as a positive number or negative number. This way you do not have to have them set up as debits or credits and also don’t need to set up twice (to account for reversals). This also will give a more accurate reporting of Production Charges or Adjustments that need to be corrected from a prior period, although it will affect procedure counts….unless you could over right it as a zero. This area needs to be further discussed.       Please ask me about it.

• I was able to get Carestream to do negative payments for our take backs, but they need to also export with the deposit to adjust it correctly. Right now after I export I have to go in and manually subtract them from the deposit.

• Ability to delete unapplied payments/adjustments in a prior period that is separate from deleting the actual charge/adjustment/payment entries. As a practice who keeps all line items in the ledger clean, after insurance pays, many times a patient payment will need to be unapplied and reapplied in a closed period. Besides myself, I have one other staff person who can do this, but it is time consuming and I cannot allow more people access to do this because I know they will accidently delete things from a prior period.

• Username length needs to be longer

• Quick Books Export – Should be able to separate Credit cards from each other or combination of so each one is one specific deposit (just like checks and cash can be combined and are separated from credit cards).

• Implant Inventory System

• Accounts Receivable aging as of a point in time

• Scheduler Report – would like to be able to print by all doctors as well as all offices (and of course a multiple of).       Right now you have to pick your doctor and your office.

• ALL reports that we run in the system should be able to be exported, there are some that can’t.

• Old Providers and Old Offices need to have an inactive button so then on report fields we can choose from active or inactive and then not have to sort through doctors who are no longer here or offices that are closed…ie: Service Office Summary Report is one

• Fix Contact Expert Report in regards to refunds. I need to discuss this one with you further as the system has a flaw in it that could cause huge collection differences between doctors.   I no longer process refunds via the contact expert report because of this issue.

• Be able to run an implant report by Provider (and group of providers). Right now you have to run it by all providers. Report should also show the provider initials on it, right now it does not.

• In the implant area, have a field to enter an employee’s Initials so that ITC’s who are selling implants get ownership for them. Also, be able to run a report by employee and have the initials show up on report.

• A pre-determined vacation/holiday/sick hour field/button that can be populated into the time sheets vs. being hand keyed. This could only entered by those users who have rights to change time sheets.

• Be able to combine multiple billing categories on aged receivables lists. Not just pick one or all.

• Print walk out statements to include more than one date….Why? Patients request a year to date account for flexible spending and they need the procedure codes listed. The walk out statement has these codes and other pertinent info, but it won’t allow you to print for a period of time and employees have to go in and pick all days the patient was seen during the year.   The normal itemized statement does not list procedure codes and the provider info they need.

• List the user who created a contact expert report vs. having to add it to the name.

• Capability to edit a charge (procedure and/or amount), edit an adjustment code or amount, as well as a payment amount from a prior period. This would involve having the correct security in place to allow this and be able to track and print a report with these changes that are done in a prior period.

• In contact experts, when running an aged rec. report, have the last show on the bottom of the screen instead of last note present.
  •  
  • Have billing category show up on aged receivable report in contact experts.
  • Be able to re-set the days past due on an acct. ie: insurance pays late and when the patient gets a statement for the first time, they may look like they are 90 days past due when they just received it.
Highlighted
smartinez
Canine II

Good morning,

Here is my wish list.

*Production $ dollar amount to appear on schedule "Eaglesoft has this feature and it helped with meeting goals and for the providers to see.

*We have Multi Practice-5 doctors in 3 different states and MA,VT and NH. They have 3 different licenses. We need an option to be able to apply it to the office for billing purposes. I saw this mentioned in another post. 

*Color option for Contact notes. Example; anything that pertains to money we want to alert our staff that this is Green.

*Billing Medicare as secondary

*Benefits section and something for checking benefits to make it  easier for our staff. ( I tried to run a schedule report to sort etc. but insurance does not show up we are trying to check all benefits 1-2 weeks ahead)

*Expert reports for just insurance and one for patient balances

omsnashville
Premolar II

Insurance Benefits - ability to both list and calculate

One of our insurance coordinators came from a dental office that used both Dentrix and Open Dental. Both software programs enabled them to automatically calculate patient estimates based upon what was entered (deductible, co-insurance, CYM, etc). She advises that the programs could even account for coordination of benefits. After all, calculation should be the aspect of practice management that a computer is most proficient with performing.

Yes, it did require them to enter a basic breakdown of benefits for each patient, but this information we have to write down anyway when we are calculating such benefits by hand; why not have it in an integrated form? We have had to create a PDF form for the breakdown of benefits which is then attached in WinOMS, along with a calculator tape of the benefit estimate generated. 

You have the foundation in place, in the way of fee schedules by insurance company, but they are presently so useless we haven't bothered to update those fee schedules annually. It's just as easy to do that in a spreadsheet, which we can manipulate better for reporting purposes.

She advises that the program would automatically adjust the patient's remaining calendar year maximum based on payments received from the insurance company. By her description of the way it required them to enter payments, it would show to which line item the deductible was applied, which is precisely the primary insurance information that secondaries are requiring via e-claims, as discussed here.

0 Kudos
smartinez
Canine II

I would like to see a charting option for winoms. We're an oral surgeons office who does a few perio procedures and insurance require charting. Can a Charting Module be added? I saw a webinar that practice works they have one for their program. 

0 Kudos
mrgrenier
Canine III

Cloud - 

Update Citrix to latest version so we can also connect to the hospital without having to have a separate computer set up. The hospital will no longer allow connections from the older version preferred by Carestream Cloud. I totally understand there are technical reasons for keeping the older version as long as possible (Not to mention insane licensing costs for the server farm). This is just a wishlist post

Also, the newer version might improve twain performance when scanning... I have tried a few different scanners and driver combos and it seems you can get 3 or so scans in before it loses the connection to the scanner and they have to log out and log back in to get it working again. I presently have them set up to scan outside the cloud and import but it would be nice to be able to have reliable direct twain scanning. If anyone has found a scanner that this doesn't seem to happen on let me know and I will give it a whirl

0 Kudos
office121oms
Canine III

Not only for allergy also medical History medication and they also gave a surgery history.  You can also put notes next to each item

0 Kudos