Internal Alerts based on Schedule
Another dream feature would create alerts for each user based on today’s schedule. What it looks like in my mind:
Each user sets their preferences (much as they do in Practice Central) of doctor, location, and type of changes to provide notice for. They would be instantly notified in a small pop-up in the lower left corner (a-la Outlook) of their WinOMS window. Their notifications would be filtered by their preference settings, for changes such as:
I know the intent was for Point of Care to meet this need, but the fact is that for those not actually in the patient care room (like our receptionists or insurance coordinators), Point of Care is simply not an efficient use of their time, going back and forth. We need something even more instantaneous and less intrusive.
I like a lot of the customization and auditability of Blue Note Software, but we have not implemented that, as it would duplicate work for our clinical staff, who are already marking the patient status in Point of Care.
1. Ability to send electronic claims marked as secondary w/ appropriate attachment/COB info (have mentioned this elsewhere)
2. Ability to easily edit/change a procedure code and send a replacement claim instead of having to enter a posting error adjustment and re-charge. (Could be done on back end through Clearing House - used to have this capability w/ Emdeon's site and it was wonderful)
3. Insured Party DOB visible on rollover or on demographics screen somewhere - having to use ellipsis button and locate that person's info is near impossible when they have a common name. Meaning, Joe Smith has 12 entries and I have no idea which Joe Smith is the correct one since the system doesn't keep the one associated with the account selected when you use the ellipses button.
4. Not all reports can be exported to Excel for some weird reason. (e.g. Claim Submission Report)
5. Customize capability for Itemized Statements printed through WinOMS. (Custom message on all patients, logo, email & fax number, etc. - phone number associated on statements should not have to be the same as phone number on Rx)
7. Google-like search with other areas of software (new EMR update has this with allergies, etc. - should work on procedure codes, diagnosis codes, etc.)
8. Deactivated insurance plans still appear on insurance claims as secondary plans - should be able to deactivate after charges are entered and claim updates accordingly.
9. Customize capability for Treatment Plan Summary and Treatment Plan Proposal (logo, more modern/professional looking, etc)
10. Ability to attach things from the account such as EMR notes, documents, images, to medical electronic claims. (NEA Fast Attach does not support medical claims only dental.)
Anesthesia Record as Claim Attachment
I would like to re-mention cromfs 's suggestion about the Anesthesia Record being automatically available as a claim attachment, as mentioned here. This is a common enough request by insurance companies that it would be nice to simplify our way of supplying it to them.
Here is my wish list.
*Production $ dollar amount to appear on schedule "Eaglesoft has this feature and it helped with meeting goals and for the providers to see.
*We have Multi Practice-5 doctors in 3 different states and MA,VT and NH. They have 3 different licenses. We need an option to be able to apply it to the office for billing purposes. I saw this mentioned in another post.
*Color option for Contact notes. Example; anything that pertains to money we want to alert our staff that this is Green.
*Billing Medicare as secondary
*Benefits section and something for checking benefits to make it easier for our staff. ( I tried to run a schedule report to sort etc. but insurance does not show up we are trying to check all benefits 1-2 weeks ahead)
*Expert reports for just insurance and one for patient balances
Insurance Benefits - ability to both list and calculate
One of our insurance coordinators came from a dental office that used both Dentrix and Open Dental. Both software programs enabled them to automatically calculate patient estimates based upon what was entered (deductible, co-insurance, CYM, etc). She advises that the programs could even account for coordination of benefits. After all, calculation should be the aspect of practice management that a computer is most proficient with performing.
Yes, it did require them to enter a basic breakdown of benefits for each patient, but this information we have to write down anyway when we are calculating such benefits by hand; why not have it in an integrated form? We have had to create a PDF form for the breakdown of benefits which is then attached in WinOMS, along with a calculator tape of the benefit estimate generated.
You have the foundation in place, in the way of fee schedules by insurance company, but they are presently so useless we haven't bothered to update those fee schedules annually. It's just as easy to do that in a spreadsheet, which we can manipulate better for reporting purposes.
She advises that the program would automatically adjust the patient's remaining calendar year maximum based on payments received from the insurance company. By her description of the way it required them to enter payments, it would show to which line item the deductible was applied, which is precisely the primary insurance information that secondaries are requiring via e-claims, as discussed here.
I would like to see a charting option for winoms. We're an oral surgeons office who does a few perio procedures and insurance require charting. Can a Charting Module be added? I saw a webinar that practice works they have one for their program.
Update Citrix to latest version so we can also connect to the hospital without having to have a separate computer set up. The hospital will no longer allow connections from the older version preferred by Carestream Cloud. I totally understand there are technical reasons for keeping the older version as long as possible (Not to mention insane licensing costs for the server farm). This is just a wishlist post
Also, the newer version might improve twain performance when scanning... I have tried a few different scanners and driver combos and it seems you can get 3 or so scans in before it loses the connection to the scanner and they have to log out and log back in to get it working again. I presently have them set up to scan outside the cloud and import but it would be nice to be able to have reliable direct twain scanning. If anyone has found a scanner that this doesn't seem to happen on let me know and I will give it a whirl