cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caustin
Canine III

Aged receivables report problem

Jump to solution

We are finding random past due patients that aren't showing up on the aged receivables reports that we are running.  I have an example of one patient who never showed on the report, yet he has been receiving statements for a year.  This doesn't happen frequently but it is very common.  A patient is just hanging out in no-man's land and never getting any attention on their past due balance.  I would first assume that we must be running reports inconsistently but I'm assured by the staff that they have saved the report and running the same way every time.  Does anyone have any trouble-shooting ideas on this?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Aged receivables report problem

Jump to solution

@ronschindler or @sherylbreault can either of you provide any information on this? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Quick question @caustin  when the report is being ran, under the provider type are you choosing service provider or regular provider. I have had some offices tell me when they use service provider that they get everyone to show up versus when they use regular provider some people will be missing.

0 Kudos
caustin
Canine III

Jump to solution

Hey, Sheryl.  I don't know the answer to that question but will find out and report back. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
caustin
Canine III

Jump to solution

Sheryl, We have been running as regular provider.  We tested running regular vs service provider on one insurance category and got 2 patients on the regular list and 3 patients on the service list.  I am fairly new to WINOMS (two years).  Can you help me understand where this info is pulling from and why there would be a difference?

0 Kudos
kaeschliman
Canine II

Jump to solution

We were running our reports with regular provider as well up until a few weeks ago when we had a patient come up that hadn't shown up on our reports which made us question what was going on.  We called the support desk and they told us to run it as service provider rather than regular due to a known glitch.  We are very diligent about running these reports and following up monthly on anything outstanding.  We now have 20 patients that didn't show up when we ran the reports as regular provider that do now show when service provider is selected. Some had their services rendered over a year ago.  My question is when was this issue discovered and why were users not informed of this glitch? Several of these patients that were missing from our aged receivables are now past the filing deadline with their insurance.  Is Carestream taking responsibility for nearly $12,000 in claims that was missing from our reports???

caustin
Canine III

Jump to solution

We used to run under regular but now run under service provider.  However, this has caused a huge issue with getting paid not just by insurance but by patients personally.  Insurance claims have been tagged as past timely filing and individuals aren't interested in a phone call about a bill from a year ago.  If this has been a known problem, why hasn't it been given priority?  Why are so many providers in the dark about this?  I still haven't heard anything official from Carestream.

caustin
Canine III

Jump to solution

We used to run under regular but now run under service provider.  However, this has caused a huge issue with getting paid not just by insurance but by patients personally.  Insurance claims have been tagged as past timely filing and individuals aren't interested in a phone call about a bill from a year ago.  If this has been a known problem, why hasn't it been given priority?  Why are so many providers in the dark about this?  I still haven't heard anything official from Carestream.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Novakt
Canine II

Jump to solution

We have never run the A/R report using service provider versus regular provider. Honestly, I'm a little scared to see how many claims have been missed. I am diligent in working this report every month. When I went in to see the different it gave a note stating that choosing service provider will have some patients show up on the report twice. My report is already 200 pages, I can't have it longer with people showing up multiple times.  If this glitch was known why weren't all providers made aware as to how they should run this report to see all the open services? Why is there no notification like a recall system? It should not be up to the provider offices to inform each other of these things, Carestream needs to take responsibility.

0 Kudos
caustin
Canine III

Jump to solution
I agree completely. Carestream knows there is an issue so it should be working to make sure the issue is corrected and providers are aware of a workaround while they wait for a solution. And the solution shouldn't take months and months. Also, it will likely be painful....but run the report using service provider and get it over with. You will probably have lots of accounts that simply need to be worked for collections but there will be insurance accounts that need follow up and sadly, you will probably have some timely filing losses. Maybe run it for 120+ days first and work only that population. Do that for a couple of months. Then drill down to 90+ and the 120+. After a couple more months, you should be able to make that your routine and stay on top of it. Based on what you said and your office processes, it may take a couple of months to work through each category. Maybe enough people will begin yelling about this and Carestream will share their plan to fix this.
0 Kudos