cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DonPitcher
Canine II

Anesthesia Record

Anesthesia record vital signs should be able to be modified if there is an issue importing the vital signs into the EHR. For example: If the pulse oximeter falls off and is replaced, it shows up as '0' for the oxygen saturation in the anesthesia record if the anesthesia module happens to record the information at that point in time. With paper charting, inaccurate information from equipment is never incorporated into the anesthesia record. Multiple calls to tech support for greater than 1 year have not resolved this issue. Rather, I have been informed that the data should never be able to be modified. My thoughts... Data in and of itself is not inherently valuable unless it is actually good and truthful data. We should be able to fix bad data in the record.

2 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Anesthesia Record

In cases like this, would a "null value" be better?  The null would appear as a blank, indicating that no data was actually collected, rather than a zero which could be interpreted as actually ZERO. 

0 Kudos
DonPitcher
Canine II

Re: Anesthesia Record

I think a null value would still be unsatisfactory since a blank value could be misinterpreted as not recording a vital signs at an appropriate interval. My understanding is that the database populates at whichever interval is set and if it is unable to collect a value at the very second it populates the database, then it appears as a zero. What would be better would be the ability to double-click the value and modify it to reflect the actual and accurate value.

0 Kudos