cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Canine II

Deleting Unbilled Carrier

I originally posted this on 7/01/2020. It currently has 68 views, but I never got any replies. I'm posting again in hopes of getting a response, since I see there are several CS Dental employees on this forum.

---------------------------------

How can I delete an insurance carrier that has never been billed? She had this particular insurance when she came in the first time, and we did a treatment plan but did not charge an office visit. She is to come back for surgery, and now has a different insurance. When I try to remove the original insurance policy from her chart, it tells me it's attached to a treatment plan. If I go to the actual treatment plan and uncheck the policy attached to it, it still will not let me delete it.

aloralsurgery_1-1599763990640.png

Thank you!

Emily

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Deleting Unbilled Carrier

Hello @aloralsurgery

I apologize that this was missed. Let me tag a few people that may be able to help. 

@stu @Alan_L @sherylbreault any suggestions for this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Emily, since at one point it was attached to a treatment plan claim even though it has been deleted the software will not let you delete it from her chart, however you can go in and edit it and inactivate the plan that way it won't try to automatically create a claim.

sherylbreault_0-1599774418429.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Canine III

You can also just edit the insurance and select the new insurance to over write the insurance so you only have one plan in the system. We do that a lot when insurance changes.

Or if you want to see what patients old insurance was, you can do as carestream recommended and inactivate it but we go one step farther and in the patient ID area type No longer pt ins. Even when you inactivate an insurance, WinOMS still shows the insurance listed on the main profile and that can get confusing if you are just glancing at an account. It also stops claims from accidentally going to an insurance company because it will get rejected for the ID#. 

If a patient comes back and no longer has insurance we created a dummy insurance called No Longer Has Insurance. That helps from a visual standpoint for our billers to know that the patient used to have insurance but no longer does.

0 Kudos