cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DWilcox
Canine II

Diagnosis code ranking on medical claim

We have WinOMS CS.  I have four diagnosis codes for a medical claim that I want to rank in a certain order.  I go to the "claim modification" screen that allows me to drag and reorder the ICD-10 codes.  I reorder them in the way I want them ranked, yet on the claim "diagnosis pointer" section of the claim it still shows the codes ranked in alphabetical order.  What's the function of the drag section if it does not allow the codes to be put in the order I need?  I called Carestream support and they could not provide a solution.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Diagnosis code ranking on medical claim

@matt_ackerman or @paula1 any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Diagnosis code ranking on medical claim

Hello,

Support acknowledging your concern. We have been testing the issue reported and understand the relevance of having this addressed as Diagnosis code pointers are used to indicate the appropriate order of importance in relation to the service being performed. Support is able to duplicate the issue using the same steps. Has this begun to negatively impact your office due to how the insurance has been processing the claims? If so, please explain. This info will be forwarded to our Development team to review and resolved in a future build. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

0 Kudos