cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartinez
Canine III

E-prescribing Winoms

I am with an Oral Surgeon's office in MA and we will need to start E-prescribing come Jan. 1, 2021. Just wanted everyone's input on going through carestream'changehealthcare" as I have heard that most scripts sent electronically do NOT post to the RX tab. of winoms. I heard Carestream knows about this for a couple years now but still no fix. I am looking for a program that works completely. Thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Littlechica
Canine II

Re: E-prescribing Winoms

There is a work around.  Rx does post to the history tab.  Look up pt's rx history through e-scribe section and it shows all narcotic rx issued.  

0 Kudos
PaulWolf
Canine II

I curious whether you got the Carestream product or not. If so how is it working?

0 Kudos
rich_omsafw
Premolar I

We are using the eRX module through WinOMS.  I am not aware of the issue with the RX not posting to the RX tab.  There are some issue that are annoying like random pop ups or the fact that its still running on Internet Explorer.  eRX has worked out for the most part.  My fear for us is what will we do when WinOMS Cloud goes down again and can't use eRX.

0 Kudos
smartinez
Canine III

We signed up with them but still working with carestream to finish up the registration and training part of it.. I don't work in the office with our practice so I can't say how its going just yet. hopefully it should be all set by this week. I respond back again to let you know how everything went and is going..

0 Kudos