Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
patshartzer
Canine II

EMR Margins

Jump to solution

We've recently updated to 9.4 and noticed that the margins on our EMR notes, when printed, are nearly non-existent.  I've gone into the EMR Print Layouts, changed the margins, saved, gone back in to check and they're back to almost 0.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
12 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: EMR Margins

Jump to solution

@matt_ackerman @paula1 @ronschindler @hnnobel any ideas on this? 

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

I'm also having the same issue!

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

Please help. When I need to print a letter that I've generated from the EMR, I would like to "create pdf" then print it on my letterhead. But currently I need to copy and paste it into a word document in order to print it. 

0 Kudos
patshartzer
Canine II

Jump to solution

That computer may not have a PDF program (like Adobe or FoxIt) loaded as a printer, so it's not able to "print to pdf"

0 Kudos
patshartzer
Canine II

Jump to solution

@matt_ackerman ?  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

well, regarding the margins, I'm not sure -- I will forward this directly to the support team.

But about the printing issue, you are correct.  The PDF software needs to be properly installed and there should be a method to "Print to PDF" in the list of available printers.

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

It does, all settings are correct on my end. 

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

Because when you generate a letter you have to attach it to the chart, and if you do not then you cannot view it. The letters tab just creates several steps for the same task. Having it in EMR and then pdf print would allow the letter to be in the chart, but also print from the same screen. 

0 Kudos
patshartzer
Canine II

Jump to solution
When you print to PDF, it brings up a copy of the letter as it were to be printed on company letterhead (the letterhead is saved in the company settings). However, the margins on the letter are non-existent. The wording literally goes to the edge of a piece of paper. I've tried changing the margins in the EMR notes (but we have 100s with 21 doctors) and in the letter settings, but they do not save. I need 0.75-1.0" margins.