cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caustin
Canine III

Filing on the seat date

Good morning.  I have two questions about our system setup/filing process.  First, the claims needing to go to paper for our satellite office don't show in our insurance que.  The claims set to file electronically from that office show in the que and both electronic and paper claims from our primary office show in the que.  Just not the paper claims from the satellite office.  Is that a setting issue?

Secondly, Our Southland claims sometimes show as paper and sometimes as electronic.  In looking at the company/plan setting, Southland is set to always be electronic but again, sometimes they process as paper and sometimes as electronic.  

Can anyone help me with this two items?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
caustin
Canine III

Re: Filing on the seat date

Addendum:  I'm told just now that Southland claims can no longer be entered on their website and that they do NOT allow electronic submission.  All claims have to be printed and mailed.  Is this really correct?  They can't take electronic claims??

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

For this you will need to verify with payer

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

There is a way to have the Insurance Processing Queue show paper claims if it is not currently showing. This change will need to be done for each user that needs it.

1. Click File 

2. Click My Practice Central Preferences

3. Click Insurance Processing Queue to see the ellipses button

4. Click Ellipses button

5. Configure the Insurance Queue Filter Options as you see fit. (Other office needs to be selected so you can access the option for all Offices

Insurance Queue Filter.JPG

Once saved you should see the claims.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

For the issue with claims generating as paper even though the plan is set to Electronic. 

Claims will drop to paper when you select Bill Next policy during the process of adding an Insurance Payment or if you use the Batch Edit feature to create a claim with multiple charges. For single charges the software will default to the Method the charge is set to (the lower right of the Edit Charge screen.)

Hope this help.

Insurance.JPG

0 Kudos