cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
steve132221
Canine III

Initial/Signature Fields - Consent Forms

We are currently using WinOMS 9.2, and we have been noticing an issue of patient initials/signature fields moving after they have been signed.

We use the OMSINC consents that are loaded into WinOMS (with a few tweaks here and there), but almost all of our consents are more than one page long. Per OMSNIC, as well as our Practice's attorney, it is imperative to have the patient (or legal guardian) place their initials at the bottom of each page (except for the final page, which is where the patient, doctor, and staff member all sign). This helps to ensure that the patient has been properly consented and has read EVERY page. 

I have a signature field for patient initials at the bottom of each page prior to the final signature page, but when the initials are captured, the signature field for initials almost 100% of the time shifts around (mostly down) to the following page.

I spoke with OMSNIC about this and asked if this could be chalked up to a simple technical glitch (meaning that a page, or pages, of the consent form may not have patient initials at the bottom), and they said absolutely not. They reiterated that each page must be initialed (except the final signature page) without exception. 

So, is there a way to have signature fields "locked into position" so that they are not moving after initials or signatures have been captured? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rich_omsafw
Canine III

Re: Initial/Signature Fields - Consent Forms

Our office trialed the consent forms but stopped using because they were so slow to sign.  However I had an issue were the initials box kept going to next page and i had to move a paragraph to the next page and move the initials box up so it didn't run onto next page.  Not sure if you are having the same thing but wanted to share my experience.  Has the signing process gotten any faster?

Good Luck
Rich

0 Kudos
steve132221
Canine III

Re: Initial/Signature Fields - Consent Forms

The whole signature capture is largely unchanged (still slow). I reached out to SigPlus to see if there was a software update on their end, and there was a small update that they let me try for free, but it was still pretty slow.

I tried to adjust text etc., but our consent forms are already two pages long, so we really don't want to have to go on a third page and need yet another signature of initials.

Hopefully this is a fix Carestream can do.

Sorry I didn't have better news.

S

0 Kudos