cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aloralsurgery
Canine II

Insurance Company/Dental Benefit Plan Information on Claim Form

Jump to solution

Maybe there is a simple solution to this, but I cannot figure it out. Hopefully someone can help!

We have several different insurance plans that are considered "Medicare" plans. We only have one doctor out of three that take Medicare. We have changed the different plans to have "Medicare" as the carrier, but each one still has its own plan name (Viva Medicare, Aetna Medicare, BCBS Medicare, etc.). The issue is that when we print claims, they all end up only saying "Medicare" and then the correct mailing address for each. Is there a reason it isn't actually showing the plan name? Is there something we should be doing differently?

Thanks for any help anyone may can provide!

Emily

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

You could run the report by plan type, change all the medicare insurances plan type to Traditional Medicare and be able to pull them all up.

sherylbreault_0-1642620622458.png

View solution in original post

Yeah not a problem, under Reports-Insurance-Insurance Carrier/Plan Financial. In the plan type box choose TMR.

sherylbreault_0-1642629514871.png

View solution in original post

sherylbreault
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hello Emily,

Whatever is put in the Carrier is what will show up on the address line. So if you are wanting the plan name to be what shows up then you will have to add that to your carrier list and use it as the plan name and carrier.

@sherylbreault Ok. If we change each individual carrier on these Medicare plans, is there some way we could search or a report we could run that would find all of our Medicare plans at once? I usually search by the Carrier ID to pull different things up. If we change them all, the Carrier IDs will all be different. Is there something else that would tie them all together so I can see all of them at once? (I hope that makes sense.)

0 Kudos

You could run the report by plan type, change all the medicare insurances plan type to Traditional Medicare and be able to pull them all up.

sherylbreault_0-1642620622458.png

@sherylbreault I was hoping I could do something with that! Where do I go to be able to run a report by plan type? Sorry; I'm just not seeing it.

0 Kudos

Yeah not a problem, under Reports-Insurance-Insurance Carrier/Plan Financial. In the plan type box choose TMR.

sherylbreault_0-1642629514871.png