cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cromfs
Premolar II

Labels should print plan name not carrier name

I had a claim come back because the address label had the carrier name on it instead of the plan name even though the actual address was correct.  Plan name should be what is printed instead of Carrier name on insurance labels.

3 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Labels should print plan name not carrier name

Would you please tell me which method in the software you use to print a label?  There are various way of doing so, each of which can produce different results so once I know how you are printing them, I can help resolve the issue and get the correct info printed.

0 Kudos
cromfs
Premolar II

On patient workspace, right click, print-other labels-any of the insurance company labels

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Within Win OMS the design is to allow the Plan Name to be more specific while the Carrier name is the name of the actual insurance company.  Win OMS prints the carrier name not the plan name on the labels by design. For example:   

Plan Name = Delta Dental of Illinois/Plan A  (this is used for the insurance team in the office to better distinguish one benefit plan from another for your patients)

Carrier Name = Delta Dental (this is the insurance company name, no need to put details such as what state the insurance is from since the address will identify the state) 

Claim Center Information = PO Box 100, Chicago, IL 60601

Is there anything on the Plan name that you feel is important to have on the envelope that I might be overlooking, let me know otherwise I hope this helps understand why the carrier name is printed rather than the plan name on the label.  

0 Kudos