cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlish
Canine II

Ledger Security

The ledger only shows posting office as who entered/adjust a charge. Is there a way add the user to the details of who did the adjustment so we can track that? I know you can run a deleted transaction report but sometimes our practices sees issues and we don't know which employee to specifically go to because it just says the office and we have multiple people in that office adjusting the ledger.

4 Replies
carlish
Canine II

Re: Ledger Security

It would be so nice if there was an audit history like there is with scheduling appointments where we can see who/where/when/what was done. 

ajohnson87
Canine III

If you're looking for charges/adjustments, not necessarily deletion records, you can print a Transaction Detail report (Reports>>Financial>>Transaction Detail) specifying which criteria you may be looking for and it will tell you all charges/adjustments on which patient's account and what user did the charge/adjustment. 

Can I ask for an example of the scenario and what is missing? If it has to do with credit cards not being posted on a patient's account after taking a payment, I think I may have the answer but hoping to help with whatever it may be.

Amy Jo
0 Kudos
omsnashville
Premolar II

@ajohnson87 , have you figured out the riddle of e-payment credit cards not showing up in the ledger after they've been run? If you know what triggers it, please share!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ajohnson87
Canine III

@omsnashville I've only come across one reason, so far, why credit cards do not post so hopefully this may help! When completing a credit card payment, make sure to go through each screen and click the "Finish" button at the end. I've had my times of getting distracted or getting in a hurry and just X'd out of the screen after it's been approved but before getting to the final screen. Those times that I've hurried and forgot to complete the entire transaction to the "Finish" button, the credit card payment never posts on the patient's ledger. Hopefully this may help someone if they've had this same issue as well.

Amy Jo
0 Kudos