cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephanieoms
Canine III

Letters to Referring Offices

Jump to solution

We are currently sending letters through the letters tab, so that we are able to have our letterhead and footer attached on Word. But as you know this causes WinOMS to have an error, freeze and need to log out and log back in. 

We would like to have our letters done through EMR, however I can't find a way to attach our letterhead and footer to the EMR template. Yes, I know I can create a PDF and print it on letterhead, but then we would have to scan it back in to email it (wasting time and paper).

Any solutions? 

Stephanie

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Letters to Referring Offices

Jump to solution

Perform the following steps if you want to add a Letterhead and/or footer to EMR 

1. Click Tables

2. Click EMR Components

3. Click Print Layouts

4. Click Display all

5. Highlight either EMR Notes Default Layout or Consent Forms default Layout

6. Click Edit

Once you do this you will see the opening text for the letterhead and the closing text for the footer. 

You can then click on the {I} icon on the right side and above the ruler to browse to the letter or head or footer image.

I recommended using snipping tool to take a screenhot of the letterhead as importing a large image can cause WinOMSCS to crash when you try to use the Create PDF option to open the note in Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

Please note that unlike Word where the Letterhead and footer shows up at the top and bottom of each page, in EMR the letterhead only appears on the first page while the footer appears immediately after the last text on the last page.

If this does not work for you then let me know a good time to look into the freezing/crashing issue you are having with Word.

Highlighted
office121oms
Canine III

Jump to solution

We do ours thru mail merge I made a referral letter with our header and footer from our stationary and add it to my merge letter.  I also added the referral doctors email so we can email and save it to the patient account as an attachment.

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

This did not work. 

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

Yes, that is what we do for a lot of our letters. However, Word and WinOMS crash ALL the time when used together. This has been an ongoing issue for years. Very unpredictable and time consuming. We are trying to move over to EMR for as much as possible because we are told that Word will not work with WinOMS in the future. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

what is a good call back number for you.

0 Kudos
stephanieoms
Canine III

Jump to solution

603-883-4008

0 Kudos