cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Losing Patient Demographic Info

I apologize if this has already been brought up, but for the past month we've been having this issue and since all support will say is "we can't replicate it, so it's user error," I was hoping someone else on here might be experiencing the same issue. We've now had multiple instances from multiple patient schedules at multiple locations that the following happens:

- New patient calls for appointment

- Appointment is made and main demographic info (referring doc, address, dob, phone #) are entered on the patient's account

- "OK" is clicked to save all data

- We go back into the chart and all the demographic data is gone

These schedulers have been doing this for years, so they know the quirks of Win. The patients have nothing in common- different schedulers, different days, different doctors, different offices, etc., so I can't pin-point anything as the problem. Each scheduler also goes about the order of operations in a slightly different way, so I can't even say it happens when the patient is created before/during/after an appointment is scheduled. We do use TruForms to merge in pt data, but that step happens after we notice all the info is gone.

We;re on version 9.5.0.77 if that helps. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
egomez
Canine II

Re: Losing Patient Demographic Info

we are losing charts! I have not come across the problem you are describing. However, we are losing saved charts! Our doctors will document for the day, save it, or "OK" it. Then when the assistants go back to enter their notes, the charts are gone!

and it has happened on different chart notes. Software supports is coming back to me stating the merging fields may  be the problem. we have been using winOMS for 5 months! and it just started happening. They never seem to hold themselves accountable or dig deeper into the problem. No matter what information I provide to them, they never have a permanent solution. 

It's annoying :/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
steve132221
Canine III

We have also experienced the loss of EMR notes over the past couple of years, and so have many other offices. It's a common topic on the forum, but sadly, I don't think anyone is working to develop a solution to this issue, or the many issues/concerns that are on this forum. Recently, it seems like the only Carestream representative on here is "tshaw", and she tags Carestream staff members to respond, but they never do.

From all of the posts I see on Facebook and LinkedIn, it looks like Carestream Dental is focusing on the hardware industry. Maybe they are waiting for another company to buy their EMR/practice management software division? Practices are complaining about losing patient records, as well as noncompliant anesthesia records, and Carestream releases ePayments instead. Go figure. I've just given up asking support for any kind help or giving suggestions to them. 

egomez
Canine II

Well what a disappointment. We have invested so much energy, time, money on this software and it's disappointing to know Carestream doesn't care.  I am certainly not recommending it to anyone. They have great staff who is willing to help, but their hands are tied and cant do much. Funny thing is that many of their trainers are aware of te problems and their response is "well, that's the way it is. You can send your concerns to xxxx..." but of course like you said, no response whatsoever :/