cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

New Requirements for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances **ACTION REQUIRED**

New Requirements for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances **ACTION REQUIRED**

Dear Valued Customer:

This is an URGENT announcement regarding changes to ePrescription’s Electronic Prescriptions for Controlled Substances (EPCS). For your benefit, please read these instructions and take action by June 18th, 2019 to avoid any interruptions in service. Thank you for your partnership.

Reason We Are Contacting You
Carestream Dental has recently learned of an update to the dual factor authentication used by Change Healthcare in the ePrescriptions EPCS product. The existing passcode solution is being discontinued by Verizon. Change Healthcare is moving to a new vendor called ID.me to verify a provider’s identity when prescribing controlled substances.

What are the benefits?

·         Recertification is not required every year

·         The credentialing process has been streamlined

·         Practitioners have four options to verify identity—select the option that best suits you

Who is required to take action?
Every provider using EPCS needs to credential with ID.me. If you never prescribe controlled substances, no action is needed.

Important Deadlines
As Soon As Possible: Please use the instructional guide below to credential with ID.me. Please note that until June 25th, all prescriptions will still go through the Verizon application.
Tues, June 18: Last recommended day to credential for smooth transition with ID.me.
Tues, June 25: Switching over to ID.me. You will be asked during your first prescription issuance to establish a passphrase to use for all prescriptions. Please be sure to remember the passphrase that you choose, it will be needed for every prescription issued.
Wed, June 26: Practitioners who are not credentialed with ID.me will not be able to issue a controlled substance prescription.

ID.me Credentialing
Please see attachment for credentialing instruction guide and Support to start the transition to ID.me

1 Reply
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Receiving assistance from ID.Me during credentialing

If you encounter difficulties during your ID.Me credentialing process:

image.png

You will have the opportunity on the ID.Me website(not the mobile app) to schedule an appointment to speak with ID.Me:

image.png

OR to wait for an ID.Me Trusted Referee by clicking Get Notified. 

image.png