Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelp0422
Canine II

Optical Ticket Queue very slow

Jump to solution

Hello!

We use the optical ticket queue to process charges and treatment plans. Anytime we do this, we get the circle of death for about 30 seconds with each click. This has been very frustrating, and we have looked into on out side and there is no evidence that it is our internet or network. Doe anyone else experience this? It has been very frustrating!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Optical Ticket Queue very slow

Jump to solution

I am so sorry to hear that you are experience the "circle of death." :-(   Some questions I would ask you is if this is happening on ALL computers or just one?   Is this consistent all day or only slows down at end of day.  This is not the norm, therefore I would reach out to support to have them look at your system, perhaps there is a corrupt file or firewall causing slowness.   

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution
I agree with Judi. Just one additional consideration, are there a large amount of encounters in the queue that have not been processed?
kelp0422
Canine II

Jump to solution
This is happening on multiple computers, but not all. It tends to happen towards the end of the day, but sometimes in the morning as well. We don't keep any tickets in the queue. For exmple, it took me 3.5 minutes to process charges and a payment yeasterday moring. I'll try to get a video of it. In the meantime i'll reach out to support, but last time they told me they couldn't find anything.
0 Kudos
kelp0422
Canine II

Jump to solution
We don't keep encounters in the queue. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
doran109
Canine III

Jump to solution

We experienced this years ago and it was so frustrating. We made a few adjustments.

1. We turned off the automatic refresh. You can locate this when you are in the optical ticket queue on the upper right hand side. Uncheck the box that says "automatically refresh every".

2. Make sure that for your practice central area (that's your main screen when you log in), doesn't have the appointments or claims queue open. You can adjust those settings by accessing "my preferences" on the left hand side of your practice central. We have elected to only have the optical ticket queue and patient registration queue available on the practice central. If I need to access claims, I click it to make it available to send claims and unclick it after I am done. This was a huge help with lag.

3. Lastly, if all of those changes do not fix the issue, it is most likely internet speed. More users logged in, slows down your connection. It might be worth checking with your provider.

I hope this helps!

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution
Great suggestions, I hope this helps. I agree it may be related to your local internet/intranet. Please keep us posted if you are able to improve the speed.
kelp0422
Canine II

Jump to solution
narrowing down the practice central was the best solution to date. much faster
0 Kudos