cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Lholyfield
Canine II

Posting Ins payments & Adjustments

We are on WinOMS - is there a separate billing module or software available that allows the user to post the payment and contractual adjustment at the same time? Currently we have to go into the pay/adj screen and post the payment then go back in to post the contractual adj. This doubles the work. 

Also, is there a way to upload the electronic remit to automatically post (ex: BCBS).

Very new to WinOMS and I came from the medical EMR side that seems LIGHTYEARS ahead of this system. The only resource we have is someone that has been using for years and doesn't know any other way to do things. Any help is welcome and appreciated!

4 Replies
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Re: Posting Ins payments & Adjustments

I hope you were able to get an answer, but if not, no, there's no way to do anything that you asked about. You have to separately post pmts and adjustments and it won't do it automatically. I've tried and tried and it's just a no-go.

If you know the fee schedules of your insurances, you can set those up such that the pt is only charged for what the insurnace will allow. This means you don't have to post the adj on covered services, but this opened up a whole other can of worms for us that was WAY more work than just posting the adjustments separately.

There's also a way to post an entire check all at once (if Delta pays you for 3 people on one check, for instance), but I also found this to be more work and you still have to do pmts and adjs separately.

Sorry Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
doran109
Canine II

I have brought this up as well in past discussions. I hope it will get more attention. If we could finalize a payment all in one action, that would make a huge difference. Or, at least when we get to the end of posting the payment, it would allow you to select to go directly back into the pay/adj. Right now it takes you back to the patients profile where you have to select pay/adj again.

0 Kudos
caustin
Canine III

I am also fairly new to OMS with extensive background in medical and feel the exact same way. I have asked this question at least 50 times.  We spend way too much time making multiple trips in and out of an account when posting and adjusting should be able to be done in one trip into the account.  We spend too much time "checking" our work.  I would love to see Carestream update this feature!  

caustin
Canine III

I am also fairly new to OMS with extensive background in medical and feel the exact same way. I have asked this question at least 50 times.  We spend way too much time making multiple trips in and out of an account when posting and adjusting should be able to be done in one trip into the account.  We spend too much time "checking" our work.  I would love to see Carestream update this feature!  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos