cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kaeschliman
Canine II

Pre-medication alerts in WinOMS

I'm wondering if there's a way to put in an alert for patients that require a pre-medication prior to surgery due to artificial joints, heart conditions, etc that is separate and distinct from the allergy alerts.  We are starting to utilize a text/email reminder service and one of its features allows for a reminder to be automatically added when patients require a pre-medication, however, it appears as though the software can't differentiate between a general medical alert (such as one about a pre-med) and an allergy alert.   They both show in the alerts and both show the international symbol of medicine in the top right corner of the workspace.  I believe the presence of that symbol is what triggers the pre-med reminder for the text/email reminder.  We obviously can't forego using the allergy alerts as these are important to see, but are hoping there's a way to show these as separate types of alerts.  Any ideas???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pre-medication alerts in WinOMS

@JudiC do you have any ideas on this? 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Pre-medication alerts in WinOMS

There is no way to differentiate between Medical alerts within Win OMS.  Win OMS is designed to ALERT you the user of the software not so much for the patient, however there may be a creative way to work with your text/email reminder service.

I have some offices that only enter "appointment altering" medical conditions in the Alerts and then review the health history before before prescribing antibiotics.   Win OMS does have the ability to mark specific conditions as an alert leaving others in the medical condition only. We DO NOT want you to compromise any workflow protocol just to accommodate the eReminder service.

As a patient, I would love to see in my text/email reminder that you are aware I am allergic to penicillin or other alerts other than premedicate.  This shows your do diligence in my health care.   Just a thought. 

0 Kudos