We just updated to WinOMS 9.1 this week, and we have a few things we've noticed, and I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on them.
1. Has anyone noticed an issue trying to print prescriptions when submitting an encounter slip? We will, intermittently, get some sort of database error, and the scripts we selected to be printed will show up in the RX list, but they won'@t actually print. We then have to manually re-prescribe the meds in the RX tab of the EMR, and void out the duplicate scripts.
2. In the encounter slip, is there a way to alphabetize the diagnosis code list? The procedure code list? Right now, it seems that the codes are there, but in no real order, which makes it hard to find specific codes (even within certain categories, when those categories contain a lot of codes).
3. When trying to search for a procedure or diagnosis code in the Encounter Slip, putting a "%" before a keyword doesn't seem to work. In order to search a code, the exact text must be entered. Is there any way to make it a keyword search, or at least allow the prefix of "%" to do a keyword search?
4. If a patient fills out a health history form by hand (instead of online), and we scan that form into WinOMS, by selecting the image category of "Patient Registration", the registration is placed into the Attachments tab of the EMR, not the Patient Reg tab. Is there a workaround for this?
5. Is anyone else experience an issue with the appointment scheduler report when printing as single provider/single column/include referral where the patient's telephone number is now missing the parentheses and hyphen? The telephone number is now just ten digits together, which at quick glance, makes it a little more difficult to read.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Just checking in to see if a solution has been found for the database error (WinOMS 9.1) that is happening when we try to print scripts as part of an encounter slip submission. Our case number for the call to technical support is 6420001.
We also are experiencing a lot of bugs with the encounter slip vs doing the encounter through POC. We have temporarily gone back to using the POC for encounters and printing Rx scripts .
1. Yes, the Rx scripts are not working properly through EMR but still okay in POC.
2. Yes, the alpha is an issue. It shows alpha in POC but not EMR and our doctors are not able to find things. I spoke with support at the conference and they showed me to check my settings under Tables, Practice, POC Pref, Select Item Code for Alpha. I did this, and we have Item Code selected but is not happening on the EMR encounters. Still only POC.
3. SCROLLING and scrolling in menu of encounters in EMR is adding steps to the workflow and slowing us down. Encounters are TOO LANDSCAPE and is really hard to follow what was entered all the way to the right to click actual or txplan. Doctors loose their line visually. I would suggest adding every other line to be dark and light to help with this as well as move the actual and txplan boxes closer to the codes on the left side. (Would move the + and print buttons to the left more as well. Whatever you can get more to the left of the screen would be best.) Also when selecting codes for procedures they get added not in the order the doctor selected them so the doctor has more time in reviewing to make sure he selected everything correctly. If they were added to the ticket in the order the doctor selected the codes, he would be able to review these much quicker and more confidently. Muscle memory.
4. Yes, Scanning in patient registrations is our workflow as well, even if they do an online registration we still have pt review paper copy at office and scan in with changes/no changes. It ends up under Attachments in EMR vs Patient Reg menu. In addition the scanned in Patient Registration and Referrals scan in as clinical items. Workspace attachments tab defaults to show non-clinical items, admin uses this info just as much as clinical. Would like to set scanned in items and attachments as clinical, non-clinical or both automatically and the view be customized to show both instead of having to click on "show clinical items" with every pt. Again, more clicks instead of less clicks.
5. LAGGING - I have found that if you have a preview window showing or if you had a preview window showing in EMR there will be a 2-5 second lag when closing out of the pt. If you open the pt and then don't select anything on the menu that shows a preview, closing out of the pt is rapid and normal. I also tested toggling back to the Workspace tab to see if this would pick up the speed of closing out, however, no go. If at anytime you have a pt's preview screen viewing, you will have a large lag when closing out that patient's workspace, no matter if the preview is showing or not when you are closing.
Another issue we are continually coming across (that was an issue in version 8 with Point of Care, and still in 9.1) is when creating a ticket in the EMR (or still in POC), if you do a procedure code search, the search results include codes that have been deactivated years (even a decade or more) ago. That really leads to incorrect codes being submitted through the encounter/ticket, and creates more work for the front office staff in discharge because they need to go back and find the correct CPT/CDT code.
Also, we have been having a lot of trouble printing reliably when certain other programs are open. This includes everything from scripts to schedules to receipts/statements. We run Office 365 on our workstations, and usually, if any of the O365 apps (Word, Outlook, etc...) are open alongside WinOMS, WinOMS will freeze during the printing process (but will magically unfreeze if O365 is closed...most times). This was something that happened very frequently in 8.11, but is persistent in 9.1 as well. All of our printers are networked, instead of directly connected to any workstation (via USB), so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.
we are having lag issues as well. Seeing the same 3 - 4 seconds when closing a patent. Also printing patient charts is not working for us with med hx its all overlapping was told it could be our print drivers when i called about it but it is not we had them updated and still the same issue
Also when printing the night call list 6 blank sheets come out every time. I am still on 9.0 the 9.1 is in the mail to us currently hoping that clears up a few issues for us
I just called in a ticket for #4 as I had the same question and unfortunately there is not a way around this. I feel this should be an option to link a new imaging category to copy to a certain place within the EMR. The electronic registrations we receive, we merge from the Registration Queue; these automatically end up under the header "Patient Registration Form" and this places a copy in the Documents tab of the Attachments and also copies into the EMR under Patient Reg. We would like to have another Patient Registration category (for the registrations completed in office that are manually scanned in) that also copies into the Patient Reg under the EMR. The only solution we had received for the time being was to put it under "Health History Form" but our forms also include patient demographics and would like to have an overall category to find these instead of looking under multiple categories.