cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich_omsafw
Premolar III

Scanning Issues

Is anyone having scanner issues?  Some of our scanners have had problems since the maintenance/upgrade to the WinOMS cloud a few weeks ago.  Our checkout computers seem to lose their scanners.  They will be there and then disappear from WinOMS.  Citrix Workspace shows the scanner under devices.  The only way to get the scanner back is to close all cloud apps and then log back in.  This isn't a scanner issue but a WinOMS/Citrix issue.  I worked with the same support person for days and I was told yesterday that he had no useful options to address the issue.  I appreciate his help with this but we are kind of stuck now.  

Does anyone else have similar issues?

0 Kudos
tshaw
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @rich_omsafw
I reported this to escalations as well and if it hasn't been done already, you may have your IT person uninstall/reinstall with administrator privileges. Support can assist with this as well if it has not been completed. 

0 Kudos

@tshaw I have been working with Bryan Rossmann on this but would welcome any other thoughts.  It seems to be related to processing tickets from the Optical ticket queue.  I had a user move away from the Checkout computer to do her job and that scanner disappeared after processing a ticket.  It doesn't make much sense but this all started after the 9.7 update.

0 Kudos