cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosboro
Canine II

Scheduler upgrade WinOMS

Our office has been on WinOMS for about 8 years or so, I was told 8 years ago "enhancements" to the scheduler were on the way. Nothing has happened. I was wondering if you plan to add enhancements that would allow us to follow the patient through like Dentix has.  There is a bar on the left of the appointment that allows you to see when the patient has arrived, been seated, checked out. It makes it very simple to see at a glance where your patient is.  Also, when searching for a patient seen on a previous day, you can look for the color of the appointment which aids tremendously in finding the patient if you cannot remember their name. There are other reasons this helps but I will not get list them. Please call me at (615) 890-8000. Murfreesboro Oral Surgery & Implant Center. Teresa

Tags (1)
3 Replies
MSOMS
Canine II

Re: Scheduler upgrade WinOMS

Did you ever get a response to this inquiry, or the usual cold shoulder?
This is an exceedingly universal and helpful tool that is a standard on many, err most, EMRs today (both Med and Dental).
Would love to hear feedback on possible implementation?
0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

@matt_ackerman, Are you able to provide and information on this request?

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

I have a number of enhancements i would like to see in the scheduler, including better color-coding, improving notation on appointments, associating dollar values to appointments, and tracking the patient's journey through the practice on the day of their visit.  The latter enhancement may not be as directly associated to the appointment book, but instead to the EMR as you suggest.  

The discussions eight years ago about scheduler enhancement were related to a full overhaul of the schedule that would have been very expensive to make, and disruptive to adopt; the project was shelved in lieu of other, more beneficial changes.

Later on this year, after the release of WinOMS v10, I will have the opportunity to enact some of the changes I am imagining.  I will be able to share more perhaps as early as this summer, and otherwise around the Global Oral Health Summit.

appointment book

0 Kudos