cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Premolar I

Spell Check Undo Not Working

Jump to solution

When you do a spell check on an office note, and you hit the "undo" button, the prior item being checked is not replaced, but rather added on to. 

Let's say you have the line "The toth were delivered from the surgical site routinely."

Spell check catches "toth" and you correct it to "tooth" and move on to the next word to review. You then realize that "tooth" should have been "teeth", so you hit the undo button and fix the grammatical error. 

What happens is you get "teethtooth" instead of "teeth" completely replacing "tooth". The more times you try to fix it by hitting undo, the longer the mistake becomes. 

This is a huge problem if one hits lock/author signature, as there is no way to actually fix the ensuing word salad without a totally separate note/addendum. 

We are running version 9.5

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Premolar I

Re: Spell Check Undo Not Working

Jump to solution
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@paula1 @stu any ideas on why this is happening? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Premolar I

Jump to solution
Highlighted
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution
Hello, and thank you for reporting this issue. The "Undo last" feature using Spell check in notes is not working correctly and will be reported to DEV for a fix. Tested in 9.5 and v9.6. Appears when you hit Undo last, the cursor doesn't return to the last word corrected resulting in the correction you try to redo. Instead the corrected word is placed wherever the cursor is last. The workaround for now would be to place the cursor where the correction is needed manually, and type in the correction. We will try to see if it can be addressed in the next WinOMS release.
0 Kudos