cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kris.kinlen
Premolar II

Tip for searching in WinOMS

Hello everyone - I wanted to share a little trick you can use when searching for things in WinOMS.  For example, you diagnose severe atrophy, if you enter %atrophy in the description field it will return all the codes that have the word "atrophy" in the description.  If you were to enter just atrophy you would only find codes that begin with the term.

Give it a try - it should work in most search fields throughout WinOMS.  For example:

• procedure codes
  • diagnosis codes
  • insurance carriers and plans

Searching for atrophy:

Searching for %atrophy:

Hope this helps!
-Kris

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
9 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Tip for searching in WinOMS

awesome tip Kris.  Thank you!

annag
Canine III

This is a great help! Thank you!

kris.kinlen
Premolar II

Hello - welcome to the community!  Glad you found this helpful. 

If you don't mind me asking - could you share with us how you use this technique when searching?  What are you looking for, when are you looking for it, etc. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
annag
Canine III

I shared this tip with my team and I believe we will use this when searching for diagnosis codes, procedure codes, and insurance plans, for the most part. For instance, the plan "Metlife Federal" and "Federal BCBS" would both come up using the search "%Federal" if you're looking for all federal employee insurance plans.

kris.kinlen
Premolar II

Very cool - thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
cromfs
Premolar III

Can you search by insurance plan by patient though?  It seems to me on Patient Demographics you can only search by Carrier?  We really need to be able to find patients by individual plans.

0 Kudos
kris.kinlen
Premolar II

So to re-state it: being able to see a list of patients that have a given insurance plan?

hnnobel - is there a way to see this in the app today?

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

There is not a straight forward report currently that shows the info, i did find by doing the following to the data export report option, it gave me a count of insured party to plans:

-Reports > Data Export > Patient Demographics

-Select "Output" Tab.

-Open  Patient Columns Insurance policies columns.

-Check the following boxes

1. Patient First Name
  2. Patient Last Name

-Open  Insurance Policies Column .

-Check Insurance Plan Name.

On the bottom of the window the path should go to the data export folder ,opens in excel.

cromfs
Premolar III

Thanks for this.  However, WinOMS needs to make this something we can easily run inside Patient Demographics instead of having to do Data Export.  All data should be able to be pulled into a report within the rest of the Reports(if there's data stored on a table behind the scenes, we should be able to access it).  At least there's a workaround in the meantime.