Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ajohnson87
Canine III

Treatment Plan Status Options

Jump to solution

I was wondering if anyone happen to know what the definitions of the Treatment Plan Statuses are as a few are similar? I'm referring to the drop down option menu when creating a treatment plan that the following options are available:

Diagnosed, Proposed, Rejected, Accepted, Scheduled, and Completed

I feel Rejected, Scheduled & Completed are pretty self explanatory. My question is for what reasons or stages of the treatment planning would you use Diagnosed, Proposed & Accepted or do you just use one in particular? I've looked around and can't find true definitions to differentiate the options.

We are wanting to use the Contact Expert to start following the flow of the treatment plans so just wanting to know how others use the above categories.

Thanks!!

Amy Jo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
omsnashville
Premolar II

Re: Treatment Plan Status Options

Jump to solution

I would have to say that, for us, Diagnosed and Proposed are synonymous, so I am curious about this, as well.

CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Jump to solution

Treatment Plan Status:

The primary use for updating the TX Plan Status is for use with Tx Plan Reporting.

Diagnosed:  Tx Plan has been entered in to WinOMS, but not discussed with the patient yet.  Defaults to this status when the TX Plan is created.

Proposed: Tx Plan has been presented to the patient.

Rejected:  Patient has denied Tx and will not be moving  forward with TX

Accepted: Patient has agreed to proposed Tx and has signed the Tx plan acceptance

Scheduled: Patient has Scheduled the Accepted Tx Plan

Completed:  All procedures have been completed and posted to the ledger.  Status will change automatically to Completed Status once all Tx plan procedures have been posted to the ledger.

All other statuses have to be updated manually.

The Active Check Box must also be manually checked and is also mainly used for TX Plan Reporting.

Tx Plan Report.JPGTreatment Plan Report

ajohnson87
Canine III

Jump to solution
Thanks Ron!! This is exactly what I was looking for. We are going to start using the contact expert for treatment plans and looking to follow certain statuses. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
Amy Jo
0 Kudos