cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cromfs
Premolar II

Winoms epayments-no option for card not present

Jump to solution

Merchant Services indicated that we need to be able to mark whether the card is present or not.  We don't currently have this option which can lead to chargebacks.  Is there a time estimate to having this added to the epayments screen?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
njokuc
Canine III

Re: Winoms epayments-no option for card not present

Jump to solution

Hi Tara,

There is an option to select when the card is present but to be able to access the option you do have to check the box in the top left that says "Off Line (no Modem)". Once you check this box, a second box "Card is present"  becomes available.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Tara, 

Just to be clear, anytime you swipe a card it is automatically processed as "card present". There is no need to mark it as present because there is no way to swipe the card if it is not present.  In the rare case someone actually does physically have the card in your office and you are not able to swipe it for some reason, you should enter the CVD code (3 digit code on the back of the card for V/MC or 4 digit code on the front of an AMEX). That too indicates that the card is physically in the card members possession. 

Did you actually get a chargeback? The reason I ask is this is a common sales tactic from credit card merchants trying to scare you into thinking your system is not set up correctly or doesn't protect you. Chargebacks are so incredibly rare in the healthcare market. They also will often call you and say they are from "Merchant Services" which is a very generic term for the credit card industry. 

While technically the response above is correct the only time you would use that particular feature "offline no modem" is if you truly had to call the bank to get an authorization number, which in this day and age is never really needed unless your internet goes down for an extended period of time. 

I hope this helps. 

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
0 Kudos
cromfs
Premolar II

Jump to solution

The card holder gave me the card over the phone to pay for her fiancee.  My guess is they broke up and so she reported it as fraud and no longer wanted to pay for him.  Even though I had her name and the CVV number they still charged it back.

0 Kudos
mczar
Premolar I

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent that.  In this case the card was not present if it was called in. The CVD code does indicate that caller has the actual card in hand, but it is still possible it was fraudulently used.  I would certainly try to collect any associated charge back fees from the patient.

Matt Czarick | Sr. Manager
DPMS Escalations Group
0 Kudos