Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kenni
Canine II

WINDENT gives error on Find Patient

Hello.
The orthodontist I work for has used Windent for decades.  He is retiring soon, so we're just trying to make it through the end using this Windent software.

Out of the blue, I started getting an error on Find Patient > By partial, last, first.  The error message says, "Windent SQL 6.5.  Please enter search key in the following format, Last, First".

I realize I can just click "By First Name" on the search and find the patient, but the doctor, and anyone else who might try to search for a patient, won't realize this so I'd like to find the fix for it.  The doctor might be working by himself at very end of his career when he only has a few patients left.

"By last name" is the default setting for "Find Patient."  I wish I could just change the default way to search, but the only other option given is by chart number.  We don't know our chart numbers by heart. 

I would be grateful for any help anyone can give me. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: WINDENT gives error on Find Patient

Hello @Kenni! I apologize for the delay. We don't have a team dedicated to Windent questions on The Exchange but I will find someone to reach out directly to you via email. 

@wingram adding you to the conversation. 

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: WINDENT gives error on Find Patient

Greetings,

Yes, there are only two options you can set for the default search, "First and Last Name" or "Code ID" (which is the Patient ID). To use any of the other search methods you have to manually select it at the time of the search.

While most of the options are self explanatory the "Search by Partial Last, First"  requires three letters then a comma then three more letters.

Also, "Search by Name Description" will allow a search by the last name only, as well as Last, First 

Hope this is of some help.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos