cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Audit Log Not Accurately Reflecting User

When we updated to 9.2.0.64 we noticed that the audit log for scheduling appointments is no longer accurate. It used to be that regardless of who was signed into WinOMS, the audit log would always put in the user that actually put in the appointment (so chose their initials and put in their password). Now, however, regardless of who actually makes the appointment, the user is whomever is signed in. THIS IS TERRIBLE when you rely on that audit log! We have a single computer that gets used to present treatment proposals, but multiple people use it. They cannot be asked to close WinOMS and re-log in every 10 minutes to make sure their username is the one to put in. Further, what's then the point of needing to put in your password when making appointments if the audit log won't accurately reflect who is making the appointment/changes? matt.ackermanpaula1‌ Is this changed in the 9.3 update? Or can it get on the docket to get changed back??? PLEASE!!

4 Replies
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Re: Audit Log Not Accurately Reflecting User

Hello and thank you for reporting this issue! Your concerns is clear and I agree. I can get it on the docket to get changed back. We are reporting the details and steps to Development to have it prioritized as Support is able to duplicate this issue in the latest release creating and editing the appointment - The audit log does not show the correct user with appointment validation turned on matt.ackermanqadanielle

jpisariktnosi
Premolar I

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Paula!

cromfs
Premolar II

Paula, what is the regression testing policy for Carestream?  Most of the issues we find are existing functionality breaking with new pushes.  There's got to be some method to test current functionality isn't negatively impacted by upgrades.  I rather have no new bells and whistles than have anything existing stop working.

0 Kudos
CS Dental Employee
CS Dental Employee

Hi Tara, that's a question for Development and QA team. I will tag our PLM and QA analyst for comment. Thank you for your inquiry.  matt.ackerman qadanielle 

0 Kudos